Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a p3, geforce, sblive, pete d3d 1.55, and the internal sound core, used to work with millenium, currently havbe windows xp

Evry time i try to config an error box pops up, but i am still able to config after clicking okay, but i think this causes the problems in my games

Entry point not found
The procedure entry point SmapLS_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I think this, which did not happen with windows millenium, is causing the glitches in my games

Chrono cross - colors distorted, very badly in some areas the beginning screen flashes

Final fantasy 5- intro movie - 25 fps where i used to get in the 200s easily and the colors are extremely distorted, like green come sin place of blue or red, is weird

Does neone know how i can fix this probnlem?

·
Registered
143 Posts
hrmm...to fix ur KERNEL.DLL problem: uninstall epsxe and remove ALL items from registry. (run-->regedit) Repost if ur not sure how to do this...
then DL the epsxe 1.4.0 zip by itself...don't DL the selfextracting, self installing one. Install this one manually (unzip, install) and the KERNEL problem should go away. This is what i did and i had the exact same problem (although it doesn't affect gameplay at all, its just annoying isn't it ;) )

For chrono cross, u need to post ur video configurations...i can help u then

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Ok 2 completely unrelated problems here. JAZ is right concerning Forceaspi for the wierd error message. As for the wacky colours that's due to a bug in the latest detonator drivers. Switch them to an older version (eg 21.83 or 14.20)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay about thge regedit thing, i dunno how to do that, which things should i delete and where are they
my video config is:

res: 1024 768
32 colors
r8 g8 b8 a8
filtering : 6
platelized
auto detect fps limit
extended off screen drawing
hardware
black
multipass enabled
mask bit enabled
scanlines enabled
it wouldn't work with the 21.83 drivers either

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
dont bother with the regedit ....
just get the force aspi from the dload section of ngemu or if that dont work then try this as posted by brother larry -

People getting the "Entry Point Not Found" message - solution
The plugin "cdrTsgMSCD.dll" is the cause of the error. If you remove this file from your plugins directory, by either deletion or just moving it, the error will no longer pop up. Also, I crash far less now that this file is gone.

I don't know any in-depth detail, but it worked for me, so I thought I'd share.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already tried the force aspi thing, and i got rid of the dll file, and that does get ride of the error message but the graphics glitches are still there, here is a pic of ff5, the colors are def not right plus i forget to screen shot this part but the fps is 35 with frame skip where it used to go 200 so im confused in how to fix this

i atached the pic to the post

·
Registered
143 Posts
so force aspi didn't work?
maybe try regedit...may as well give it a shot:
1) run regedit
2) click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
3) click "software"
4) delete the "epsxe" folder
5) go to the other directories and remove all epsxe related items... i'm not sure if there are any more epsxe files in other directories... try just following steps 1-4 and then reinstalled the manual version of epsxe (u did dl that one right?)

just to be sure...search ur harddrive for any epsxe folders/files and delete those cause the uninstall doesn't clear everything. (you can keep ur mem cards and save states if u wish)

then just reinstall manually and u should be fine, the error msg should go away

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Ok 2 completely unrelated problems here. JAZ is right concerning Forceaspi for the wierd error message. As for the wacky colours that's due to a bug in the latest detonator drivers. Switch them to an older version (eg 21.83 or 14.20)
Betamax has all ready told u how to fix the colour bug that u are havin.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried the 21.83 drivers but it still has the same problems, and then i tried the regedit end it continued doing the same thing
i would also like to clarify that the error box stopped popping up after deleting the dll file mentioned previously

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.