Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really don't want make any rumour but I was just about to read the news on ngemu when I saw this here: (posted by bobbi)
the programmers took a well deserved break from it ... if/when it will resume, we'll have to see
I mean this IF, it's making me crazy...
I really worry (is this the right word for this?) about ePSXe.
Afaik Bobbi has good connections to the ePSXe-Team (He's the webmaster of their Site!) and I think he would be one of the first persons to know when it discontinues...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In relation to ePSXe it's a bad word, I guess. But why is Bobbi saying something like THAT.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Hmmm........it is pretty strange that how can epsxe stop.......but if U think rationally I think that psx emulation has become saturated and it has reached its final ends........I mean what else do U want...........two horns........noooooooo........U might be calling be an absolute Jerk.........but I am not.......!

But it is really sad......continuing a project which is not worth even a single penny........except our love and passion is quite a pain in the ass...........for the emu authors.........a day will come when epsxe will be dead and there will be another new emu.......!......things go that way...........but it is really really sad......!

But not all people think the way I think......million ppl million thoughts........so I think that epsxe will continue for some one or two more releases..........!

Ali

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
It would be a real shame if ePSXe were to die, but what Bobbi said is pure speculation. Just because they haven't updated in a while doesn't exactly mean that they are not going to do anything else with it. I'm sure they would have said something to Bobbi by now if they were truly going to stop, unless they just decided to run away from everyone without leaving a hint ;)

Well, I guess that's about it. Just be patient until the next release. There are still a lot of cool games that you play with ePSXe 1.4.0! :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ali, may be you misunderstood me, I don't want ePSXe to stop. i would never think of this. NEVER. I really like it. I was just wondering what this "IF" means.
@NickK: I'm not really waiting for the next release. All the games I like to play are working fine at the moment.

·
Registered
680 Posts
the Man behind ePSXe need a holiday, vacation, break time, time off, from ePSXe.

I think most normal people need that after weeks and months of working.

And after what he did with ePSXe 1.4.0 for all of us, I think the man deserves it ;)

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Nebuchadnezzar
I'm not really waiting for the next release. All the games I like to play are
Ok... Umm I'm looking forward to seeing some fixes myself on ePSXe. Namely the odd problems with MDECs under FF8. I can't get past the little SEED test thing it seems. I wonder if it would work with MDEC's off. (hmms). Also the save files have a few bugs though those could be plugins causing them too no idea there :)

I noticed one thing about FF9.. Square soft moved the FMV's out of the single image file for each disk. There must have been a lot of problems with the FMV's playing under FF8 or they wouldn't have done that. Anyhow I look forward to seeing what creative things they will do in the future. I hope the ePSXe do well and prosper meanwhile, they do have a need to eat :)

NickK
It would be a real shame if ePSXe were to die, but what Bobbi said is pure speculation. Just because they haven't updated in a while doesn't exactly mean that they are not going to do anything else with it. I'm sure they would have said something to Bobbi by now if they were truly going to stop, unless they just decided to run away from everyone without leaving a hint ;)
They tend to work quietly off in the background and let people speculate. Which is fine by me, they have done better than I would have (grin). So I'm definately not complaining about it ;)

I noticed there is often a goodly amount of time between releases. So I think speculation and worrying etc. is just plain silly. Leave them be, treat them like people, and give them breathing room.

Cyb

S

·
0 Posts
Also remember that Demo is still actively working on ZSNES and that that great emu just saw a recent release. Some time back there was such a gap between releases of ZSNES that people thoght it had quietly died. Just as everyone was about to lose hope, BINGO! a new release. So let's not write ePSXe off just yet, shall we? It may take a while, but I'm sure we'll see something "good" sooner or later.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

K

·
0 Posts
Bobbi is not the only one with great connections ... as of right now nothing has been decided, you will just have to wait and find out, we will know soon enough.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Originally posted by sxamiga
So let's not write ePSXe off just yet, shall we?
I never wrote off ePSXe, I was just wondering what IF means.
And it would be a shame if ePSXe would stop. So I hope I didn't make any rumours.

B

·
0 Posts
Never claimed to be the only one with contacts.

Honestly, I wouldn't have expected to anyone really noticing and thinking about the if ... congrat :p

Anyway, ePSXe's future is still a bit uncertain, and I can 100% understand the main developer when thinking a bit about the time he invested. He recently got a job which really keeps him busy a lot and he also wants to live sometime ...
But wait, what's that ? There might be *very* cool news on the horizon - stay tuned @ NGEmu for more details :p

K

·
0 Posts
Bobbi wasn't referring to anything you said, didn't mean to sound like you said it. :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Bobbi
But wait, what's that ? There might be *very* cool news on the horizon - stay tuned @ NGEmu for more details :p
Oh yes,another one of those famous Bobbi tricks.Now I have to check NGEMU home page every 5 minutes or so.Who knows what that*very* cool news may turn out to be ?I cant predict its from epsxe but it may be .Btw i feel something big is gonna happen from adripsx soon .

And yes please noone spread such dangerous rumours as closing of epsxe.Who knows may be some people have heart attacks on hearing this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts