Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, it`s driving me crazy...

I have been trying to get ePSXe to run now for a couple of weeks, still no go..

I`ve got as far as config bios but every time it says "bios not found", I`ve tried 1000, 1001 and 7502...

I`m new to this whole emulation scene and would really appreciate a step by step run down on how to set up ePSXe for my system.

Thanks..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
This is a silly question, but do you have the bioses in your bios directory of wherever you have ePSXe?

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
Maybe they are corrupt. Try downloading them somewhere else. The size of the bios should be 512 KB. At least mine is 512 KB and it works perfectly fine and I am using scph1001.bin.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
use ePSXecutor
and configure your bios there and also try not to put space in a directory name

eg: D:\epsxe 120\bios = dont do this
D:\epsxe\bios =this is what you will do

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
that a good explenation hopes he gets it why so many people having trouble w/ ePSXe its not that hard to config....... and now to become more easier the add config wizard

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Maybe you should check the epsxe registry and make sure the bios is correctly set up in there.. I had a similar problem installing epsxe on my friend's computer.. It wouldn't save the bios path into the registry.. I had to manually add the bios path into the epsxe registry.. Then it worked flawlessly.. Be careful messing with the registry though..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe\config

Check the "biosName" key... It should be the full path to your bios..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, had a bit of success, used 1001 with the NTSC GT2, loaded as far as the info screen (wear seats belts, etc), then went black....any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Fiery
ok, had a bit of success, used 1001 with the NTSC GT2, loaded as far as the info screen (wear seats belts, etc), then went black....any ideas?
You have to enable accurate cd rom timing in the epsxe cd rom options for GT2..

"f4, f4!!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts