Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i use epsxe for Yugioh FM and use the save and load states to save my progress. A week or so ago i wanted to play a old game, Toy Story 2 for nostalgic reasons. I found a BIN and ISO files online and downloaded it and ran it on the emu. Everything worked just fine. I used a save state on the game once and it worked great. I booted the game up and played more and everything was fine as well and i used the save and load states a few more times with no problems. Then one day after playing i go to save and when i do i see the load states to check if they were their and they weren't. I didn't change anything or do anything differently and i booted everything up like I've done hundreds of times. I know this since ive been using epsxe for years and i don't change anything ever besides running the iso and saving, loading save states. I notice all the load states are whited out and there are no load states. I thought that was interesting but didn't really care much for it since i used the in game memory card save to save progress as well so i just used that instead. I finished the game all fine and didn't think much of the hiccup at the time.

Then a few days ago i went to run Yugioh FM again since i hadn't played it since i downloaded played Toy Story 2. I booted everything up like normal and went to load my save state and then nothing. No load states at all. I used all 5 load states for saves and a few of them were for backups and they were gone. I have no idea what happened. I ran Toy Story 2 on ePSXe from a Bin file so i would open the emu go to file < run ISO < toystory2.bin file and play. For Yugioh FM i do the same thing but it's only an ISO file. I checked the BIOS and it was the Yugioh FM BIOS and everything there was fine. I checked the memory cards and they're both there and the same ones I've always had and they're in the same file location. Also i can save or load states at all just like in toy story 2. I use ePSXe version 1.7.0 and I've been using it for over 5 years just fine.

I've been using it on this computer just fine for 6 months. I believe the problem comes from when i ran toy story 2 something happened and i have no idea what happened. Whatever caused the save and load states to not work carried over to Yugioh. Every single setting is the same so i don't know why it would be gone or what to look for. I REALLY REALLY hope i can get the saves back. I have well over 3000 matches won in Yugioh and have almost all the impossible cards. It took me over 3 years to get those cards and for all of it to just be erased playing a different game once would suck. I don't know if this is important but Yugiohs memory card save option doesn't work all the time. It never worked correctly. Some times it would save and sometimes there's no data. It's been like that since i first got ePSXe and had no problems ever until now so i don't think that should be a reason why. I never used in game memory save only for a couple of times a couple years ago. But any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm no expert, but still want to help, so are there any save states from ''Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories'' in your ''sstates'' folder of ePSXe 1.7.0? Which region are you using (PAL, NTSC-U)?

If you made save states, then in your ''sstates'' folder you should see something like this (depends on which version you are using):

NTSC-U > ''SLUS-01411''
PAL-Europe(english language) > ''SLES-03947''
PAL-F (french language) > ''SLES-03948''
PAL-G (german language) > ''SLES-03949''
PAL-I (italian language) > ''SLES-03950''
PAL-S (spanish language) > ''SLES-03951''

You should look out for the ''SLUS'' or ''SLES'' files with the respective numbers. If not, did you maybe ''accidentally'' deleted the respective files?

Did you ever used the in-game saving?

Sorry for my english.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert, but still want to help, so are there any save states from ''Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories'' in your ''sstates'' folder of ePSXe 1.7.0? Which region are you using (PAL, NTSC-U)?

If you made save states, then in your ''sstates'' folder you should see something like this (depends on which version you are using):

NTSC-U > ''SLUS-01411''
PAL-Europe(english language) > ''SLES-03947''
PAL-F (french language) > ''SLES-03948''
PAL-G (german language) > ''SLES-03949''
PAL-I (italian language) > ''SLES-03950''
PAL-S (spanish language) > ''SLES-03951''

You should look out for the ''SLUS'' or ''SLES'' files with the respective numbers. If not, did you maybe ''accidentally'' deleted the respective files?

Did you ever used the in-game saving?

Sorry for my english.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what version I'm using but I went into the BIOS and looked at the memory cards and it seems somehow when I downloaded and played toy story 2 I probably wiped or deleted the saves accidentally. The only thing on the memory card files is the toy story 2 save which i never used the save state for that game and only the in game save. For Yugioh, i did use the in-game save but it does not load and it seems like the old data is wiped. Now i cant use the save states at all. Regarding the "sstates" folder, i looked around for it but i dont see any sstates folder and i don't recall ever having an sstates folder. I also looked and I dont have any "SLUS" or "SLES" folders and i don't recall ever having them to begin with. I've been using the same setup for 5+ years. Now I can't save any sstates and when I do all the 5 load states are not highlighted meaning there is no save state. Now I have to figure out how to fix the save states back to working order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now I can't save any sstates and when I do all the 5 load states are not highlighted meaning there is no save state. Now I have to figure out how to fix the save states back to working order.
I tested this and if you don't have a ''sstates'' folder you can't use the save state function. So make a ''sstates'' (without the quotes) folder and put it in your ePSXe 1.7.0 with the other folders (like bios, memcards, plugins and so on). It should work again...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tested this and if you don't have a ''sstates'' folder you can't use the save state function. So make a ''sstates'' (without the quotes) folder and put it in your ePSXe 1.7.0 with the other folders (like bios, memcards, plugins and so on). It should work again...
THIS IS THE FIXX!! If you still have sav files on your pc you just need to ->drag the sav fil into a shader folder for the emulator-> load state file-> go to the file you dragged it into-> click on the sav file AND BOOM it should work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts