Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyways.... in reply to the point that the PSX Bios is a ROM - It is- roms are stored in Read Only Memory... The BIOS is stored on read only memory. Therefore it is a ROM - same thing with your computer.... The only case when it woulldn't be a ROM is if it were stored on voatile memory like RAM.

·
CynicalDooDad
13 Posts
Wormie, I agree with you. When did everyone get so picky here? Bolding names aren’t really that bad (annoying yes, but not the end of the world), and there has never been a rule about how you can format text in messages. With that said, that was no reason to ban the guy. Of course he wasn’t respecting the Admins either, so that in it self was reason enough I guess.

Though it should be said that people here should be able to speak their mind in a way that’s most comfortable for them, so lets not take things so personally in the future.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by unknown4x
Anyways.... in reply to the point that the PSX Bios is a ROM - It is- roms are stored in Read Only Memory... The BIOS is stored on read only memory. Therefore it is a ROM - same thing with your computer.... The only case when it woulldn't be a ROM is if it were stored on voatile memory like RAM.
i guess technicaly you are right but technically a square is a rectangle but no one ever goes and calls squares rectangles

just like a square, BIOS fit certain criteria that no other kinds of ROM fit under

·
Registered
168 Posts
True - But the PSX still refers the BIOS as a "System Rom" not a BIOS. If u open the BIOS inb a binary/text editor you will see system rom 4.1a or something like that... Also, CD-ROMS are also ROMs, so PSX games are also ROMS.

C

·
0 Posts
He was NOT, I repeat NOT banned for bolding people's names, jesus christ.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i will state again that i do not usually take action unless i feel that it was 100% justified. everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the facts are in the writing.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts