Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back (say 3 mos. ago(used to be eb but forgot passwordnall)) i got the epsxe playstation emulator for my pc and got all the plugins and stuff and i accedentally deleted the stuff a few weeks ago and it took me forever to find this site again, and i need to find the right plugins and psx rom (thing that makes epsxe run)(scuse me if ime not correct on this, a little rusty on tech stuff) stuff again :eyes: i know u have to go to google.com and search for something about rom but cant remember what. someone please help--again

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
I believe what you're looking for is the PSX bios and not roms.

S

·
0 Posts
A bit of advice to help you a little farther. The two best bioses to search for and get are 1001 and 7502. Most games seem to work best w/these two and Adripsx will only work with the 1001 bios. Hope this helps.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
as opposed to "roms" that some less informed people refer to when they mean isos. even though they do come from cd-rom discs, and could technically be referred to as a rom, i just find it really funny..:D

btw: im thinking of a "no tolerance" policy on people who break the rules regarding illegal software(or bios) obtainability, as opposed to the "warning" system we are using now for the offenses in general. please let me know how you feel about it by pming or maybe starting another thread in the off-topic forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm. I think it can be said that PSX's BIOS is written in ROM memory... But who cares :)
Anyway ... I've been looking for the BIOS of PSX for some time and with no effect :(
Is there anyone who can help me? I shall be VERY gratefull... I know , I know :p
Please mail me or something...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by LUKas007
Hmmm. I think it can be said that PSX's BIOS is written in ROM memory... But who cares :)
Anyway ... I've been looking for the BIOS of PSX for some time and with no effect :(
Is there anyone who can help me? I shall be VERY gratefull... I know , I know :p
Please mail me or something...
no matter how inept you are, you cannot ask for the bios. this is your first warning.

C

·
0 Posts
bleh, back in the day, I'd delete any post pertaining to obtiaining a BIOS the second I saw it, and others did as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Now I will you assure you of something LUKas007. Challengeing an Administrator, which Bgnome is as am I also, is not wise. He was giving you a fair warning. Yet you do not seem to get the meaning. The nmeaning is this: DO NOT ask for the bios to given to you in anyway. You mentioned E-Mail, UH UH:mad: !!! If you want it you will have to find it yourself, as the rest of us did. Is this clear?? If this keeps up, I can assure that you WILL be gone, and not by Bgnome, by me! Thank you.
sx/amiga

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay everybody... I've finally found the BIOS :heh:
Hmmm sxamiga , what can I say... I was ONLY asking you people here for help, and you shouldn't be so nervous man , or you may get a heart attack or something.
Aha, and thanks goes to Disturbed for a civilized and concrete answer to my question.
Over&out...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not too worried about being banned.

So I'm going to add something.
BIOs shoudl be perfectly fine to ask for on these forums, we all have them.

In Sony's eyes, any ePSXe user is a criminal, and could shut this site down off the grounds of hosting emulators by sending a legal threat to your host, so by admantly stating you cannot ask for BIOs on the forum doesn't make it any less likely Sony could easily shut you down.

If my assumption for the reason behind that rule is wrong, I'd like to hear the real reason.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I guess LUKas007 is a bit inexperimented when it comes to psx emulation and this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
inexperimented ? Raziel Hmm... :idea: If you mean I'm inexperienced in PSX emulation, I can agree with you as today I'm using the ePSXe for the first time... But THIS was the reason that I was looking for some help here.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to say anything bad,I just wanted to say you didn't know the rules of this board.
Bye.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by Malak
I'm not too worried about being banned.

So I'm going to add something.
BIOs shoudl be perfectly fine to ask for on these forums, we all have them.

In Sony's eyes, any ePSXe user is a criminal, and could shut this site down off the grounds of hosting emulators by sending a legal threat to your host, so by admantly stating you cannot ask for BIOs on the forum doesn't make it any less likely Sony could easily shut you down.

If my assumption for the reason behind that rule is wrong, I'd like to hear the real reason.
The reason behind the rule of "rom begging" is that distributing roms is illegal. i am using the term rom loosely and in it falls BIOS ISO's and ROMS. and since the emulator itself isnt illegal, sony can not do anything to the web site.

but once the site provides a copy of the image either directly or with a link, sony has just cause to come in and have this site shut down.

also, (i am assuming) the provider of this board has rules and one of them is that NO ILLEGAL activities happen on the boards.

if this is wrong, bgnome or sxamiga will probably post the real reason

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good that board is strict

I personally feel that it is a good thing that the board does not tolerate illegal distribution of roms be it isos or simply bios.

the board would degenerate very quickly when people know that they can come here asking for roms and stuff and even if we do give out the bios at first, where do we draw the line?

who's to say that if the moderators close one eye now that people posting wouldn't take advantage of them and go over their heads?

do you guys really want to see 50 posts asking for roms and drowning out the posts which genuinely need help? not to mention that distribution of roms are illegal.

keep the board clean administrators. love the job that you're doing.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
lukas007, you are treading a very fine line. you have been warned twice: once by myself and once by sxamiga. youve only been here a couple days and you already are on my bad side. you have on last warning before we ban you. read the rules: http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405

malak: you dont want to get on my bad side.
you are free to express your opinios but the reasons these rules are enforced were very well explained by campaign2016 and substorm.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts