Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to play resident evil on epsxe and when I started the game it went on 25fps which makes the game run in slow motion, if I set the fps limit to 30 it still doesn't go above 25 fps. If I set CPU overclocking it goes above the 30 fps limit (50fps on 1.5x overclock which goes faster than normal). How can I make it go 30fps?

·
Not a Registered User
1,419 Posts
If your copy is from PAL region EU/UK and other regions then it should run at 25fps. That's just how it is
If you want 30fps you need NTSC copy USA/JAP region.

Other than that switch to Duckstation
Far better PS1 emulator than ePSXe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your copy is from PAL region EU/UK and other regions then it should run at 25fps. That's just how it is
If you want 30fps you need NTSC copy USA/JAP region.

Other than that switch to Duckstation
Far better PS1 emulator than ePSXe.
its slower in comparison to the game on the ps1 console and most videos I have watched

·
Not a Registered User
1,419 Posts
its slower in comparison to the game on the ps1 console and most videos I have watched
That's because most people play the NTSC versions these days, look up PAL differences most of the time it was lousy porting.

Try Duckstation and see if it has the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's because most people play the NTSC versions these days, look up PAL differences most of the time it was lousy porting.

Try Duckstation and see if it has the same issue.
I have tried duckstation and its the same.
I don't understand why it doesn't go 30fps but goes 25fps and 50fps.

·
Not a Registered User
1,419 Posts
I have tried duckstation and its the same.
I don't understand why it doesn't go 30fps but goes 25fps and 50fps.
Like I said if you get 25/50 fps you got a PAL copy which is slower than NTSC 30/60 fps because the game was poorly ported.
Try getting a NTSC copy and see for yourself, thou I can't help you with that, piracy rules and all that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said if you get 25/50 fps you got a PAL copy which is slower than NTSC 30/60 fps because the game was poorly ported.
Try getting a NTSC copy and see for yourself, thou I can't help you with that, piracy rules and all that.
Will do, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts