Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the ePSXe registry file is located? I'm not sure what's its called so I don't know where to start looking. Thanks for any help I get.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe

On my system its there.. win98se
It's the same on Win2000/XP. Notice that only the emulator's configuration is there, the plugin configurations are located on:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
425 Posts
I DON'T GET IT.........WHAT IS THE REGISTRY KEY..................AND where is it located (exact path? c drive? d drive? windows subfolder? where???) i think it might have something to do with why epsxe refuses keyboard comands from my comp..............

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I think that registry is done by epsxe executor and not epsxe itself.. So if he isn't using executor, he won't have that key.. I use it so I do have that key as well... :)
Nope, that key is used by plugins since PSEmuPro, althought ePSXeCutor also uses it:

Plugins' Configuration:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro

ePSXeCutor's Plugin Configuration:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\ePSXeCutorCFG

ePSXeCutor also uses the following key for it's own configuration:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ePSXeCutor

[]s Badaro

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by The Vagrant
I DON'T GET IT.........WHAT IS THE REGISTRY KEY..................AND where is it located (exact path? c drive? d drive? windows subfolder? where???) i think it might have something to do with why epsxe refuses keyboard comands from my comp..............
The registry consists of a few .DAT files, used by Windows programs to store configuration. You can't edit these files directly, but you can use a program called "regedit" to do it.

Be very careful when editing the registry, you can damage you Windows installation if you're not careful.

[]s Badaro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts