1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few epsxe related questions id like to ask
any help would be great!

Qestion 1:
I'm having some very annoying problems with games running slow despite my PC being a very fast spec.

the two main games are: Xenogears & FFVII

My PC Specification is:
CPU: Pentium 4 1.7GHz
Graphics Card: Creative Geeforce 2MX 64MB DDR
RAM: 256MB RD-RAM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've used all of the reccomeded settings for these games & they both always run slow.

I'm currently using Petes D3D v1.53 for video
The Eternal v1.10 SPU & Petes CDR ASPI/IOCTL v1.7 CD driver

Any Help on this Will be greatly apreciated!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 2:

A Question for Pete, would adding the abillity to specify a min & max fps limit be a possable addition to your next version of your Video Drivers?
--------------------------------------------------

Question 3:

Does Anyone Know if there will be a PS2 EMU?
& if So When, where & What is/will be it's name ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Answer 1: Don't know for sure about Xenogears without a configuration, but are you playing FF VII with a maximum frame rate of 75?

Answer 3: (As I'm not Pete). I'm sure there will be an emulator sooner or later, it'll probably be out in a couple of years (how many is uncertain, although I suspect it will be a long while before we have a good one), and the only names I know are for fake/joke emulators.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
A Question for Pete, would adding the abillity to specify a min & max fps limit be a possable addition to your next version of your Video Drivers?
I am not pete but its sure that it will be very difficult to set a minimum fps limit .As far as max fps limit goes, it already exists with pete's plugins.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Q1:

Xp + Cdrplugin + Enabled CDDA = Slow game.

Switch off CDDA in the emu to speed up gameplay.

Q2:

I ain't Pete but that idea wouldn't work IMHO. Think about it. If you tried to run the emu on a P75 it would only run at a couple of fps (approx). Putting a minimum fps wouldn't do swat to speed it up as the hardware can't cope. In fact it would cause numerious annoying posts from ppl asking why their comp is ignoring the minimum fps setting.

Q3:

When pcs are fast enough to run one . (It took 3-4 years for "workable" emus for the psx.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.