Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is wierd but...when I play epsxe on my administrator account and try to load a game, it pops up the game screen but instantly goes back to the epsxe loader everytime (no matter how much I try to load a game-even a game I tried on VGS!<--which works??!!). Their isn't an error in the specs since on the LIMITED ACCOUNT it works just fine (loads and everything) WHAT THE H**L IS WRONG WITH THE EMULATOR ON MY DARN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT!!! I tried to do everything to fix it; restart-leave all the startup items on (the non-system one's) but the same thing happens OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! I tried it on the Limited account and it works and WORKS!!! But why not on the administrator account!!??? NO, I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE LIMITED ACCOUNT!! since the administrator account gives all ACCESS!!! Please help me!! I really want to play my game!!!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
That's very interesting, because epsxe shouldn't work on a limited account at all due to the restrictions on raw disk access. It's almost like the account label admin is the limited one, and the one labeled user is the admin one :p.

Anyways only thing I can fathom could have happened here is that the admin permissions are wrong somewhere... Do you have a cd recorder? Does it burn correctly on the admin account? If no then that's certainly the problem... otherwise I'm as stumped as you are.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Create a new Admin account, copy your documents to the new one and forget the old one.
(Win XP behaviour is the weirdest thing in this live, don't stress yourself...)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wait, I got the problem ^^

Hey thanks for the tips!

Well, to tell u the truth epsxe and VGS work on a Windows XP because the function of a Limited account is "Read but no save" In other words, you can read the previous save data but u can't save it. For example, on the limited account I used on VGS but when I selected a memorycard, it said ALL my working ones were "corrupted" yet on any other administrator account it works. Why? because in VGS, the "memory card" is constantly updated, or in simpler terms, "Saved" which the limited account does not allow. However, when you use epsxe, it may read (for reasons I am not sure about) but doesn't save the data-especially if you exit out of ePSXe properly, it goes to the previous save file.

Now listen...

I made my administrator account "work" by correcting this simple error: In ePSXe on the ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT I had turned on "screen smoothing" -Pete's D3D Plugin (not D6X--don't think it makes a difference) while on the Limited account, it was unchecked. You are probably saying "Why didn't u try the other plugins?" Well, I did but it didn't work. Why? Becuase ePSXe tends to load the oldest "working plugin" and yes, Pete's D3D Plugin worked previously because it didn't have "screen smoothing" on, but it didn't allow the other plugins to work because the "screen smoothing" effect was still implememted in the emulation EVEN AFTER OTHER PLUGINS WERE SET which caused the inability for the emulator to work. The Limited account didn't have "screen smoothing" checked so it worked.

Did you get all that?
"screen smoothing" isn't bad, but not all cards support it--like my GeForce 4 64 VRAM; I'm unsure if other GeForce cards have the same problem but it's a good note that if something causes the emulator to not work "permanentely" (I you believe it) then it may just be the plugins (or an option in them) you have checked the last time you messed with them. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT MADE THE EMULATOR "WORK" PREVIOUSLY.

Well, I gotta go; if you need any help; I'll try to assist :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:) Hehe

That's all for Today!!!<--Post edited on 10/13/04

P.S
It's just that I have been stressed lately that I have been making such stupid errors as you witnessed in this post, I won't do it again, I promise ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
tvstation1, that last post was nothing but :spam: . I advice you to read the [rules]rules[/rules], where it's clearly stated that spam won't be allowed. Keep it in mind from now on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is this spam? I found out what my problem on my cpu was, and stated what I found out; inclusing assumptions and connections...is that bad?

I'm deeply sorry if u consider this spam, I'll try to say something that isn't spam... :(

[I really don't get what really is spam even after reading the "spam"--sorry for my disorientation :( ]

I make games; I know what can be wrong from right when I use the cpu and find the source problem.

is the info I gave misdirected, not true? WHAT IS IT?!! You guys confuse me, aren't WE supposed to find "ANSWERS" to problems HERE?!! If not, then I sadly believ I will leave emuforums FOREVER :(

I seriously wish u guys were more friendly---explcluing those that gave me "possible answers" when I had problems with ePSXe (thanks ^-^)

But you I-Chan...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry for my errors :(
Corrections:
*-explcluing=excluding
*-inclusing=including

Sorry for "replying" to my e-mail; if this is what u call spam; I'm veryy sorry :(

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what he refers to is the post that only contained " :) hehe". that was a complete waste...plus, you dont have to double post. if you want to add info, there's the handy "Edit" button ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
errr... about screen smothing option in ePSXe.. before last 2 instalations of my xp sys ... it worked (d3d plug) but now it doesn't strange... I guess it's only win$h1t ;) :D

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, screen smoothing totally blows....it's a huge hit in performance and it looks pretty ugly since it's just a huge blur. if you want smoothing you could enable shaders in OGL2, but still, IMO, it's just a big blur, it doesnt add much to game play.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
tvstation1 said:
How is this spam? I found out what my problem on my cpu was, and stated what I found out; inclusing assumptions and connections...is that bad?

I'm deeply sorry if u consider this spam, I'll try to say something that isn't spam... :(

[I really don't get what really is spam even after reading the "spam"--sorry for my disorientation :( ]

I make games; I know what can be wrong from right when I use the cpu and find the source problem.

is the info I gave misdirected, not true? WHAT IS IT?!! You guys confuse me, aren't WE supposed to find "ANSWERS" to problems HERE?!! If not, then I sadly believ I will leave emuforums FOREVER :(

I seriously wish u guys were more friendly---explcluing those that gave me "possible answers" when I had problems with ePSXe (thanks ^-^)

But you I-Chan...
I'm sorry if i sounded mean to you, that wasn't my intention. But, as Hushy already cleared, a whole post just to say
tvstation1 said:
is considered on this boards Spam. Double posting (what you called answering to your own "email" -post ;)-) is, too. Too put it simple, spamming is writting a message wich is either out of the topic, or serves nothing at all. In a help forum as this, that means posting something wich is not a question, a suggestion, or an answer, mainly. As hushy already pointed out, if you need to add something to what you previously posted, please try to use the edit button. It's not that i want you to flee from this boards, but there are some general rules to keep in mind when posting, and it's our (silver starred guys) duty to ensure they are respected. Anyway, i hope you enjoy these boards from now on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh, sorry I-chan. I never knew their even was an edit button. I'm very sorry, please forgive my intruision. So it wasn't my suggestion of the problem I solved? Oh, and sorry if added the corrections in the following post beforehand, I would like to ask you to forgive me on that also.

There-I corrected this; so this is how you use the "edit" button.

Thanks for telling me I-chan ^^

----------------
Just edited and fixed my other posts, I hope that settles things doesn't it I-chan? ^_^
-----------------

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
tvstation1 said:
Oh, sorry I-chan. I never knew their even was an edit button. I'm very sorry, please forgive my intruision. So it wasn't my suggestion of the problem I solved? Oh, and sorry if added the corrections in the following post beforehand, I would like to ask you to forgive me on that also.

There-I corrected this; so this is how you use the "edit" button.

Thanks for telling me I-chan ^^

----------------
Just edited and fixed my other posts, I hope that settles things doesn't it I-chan? ^_^
-----------------
Hey, no need to ask for forgiveness, you just made a mistake, and now you have learnt from it. That's how this works. I was a newbie once too, and i made the same kind of mistakes ;) . Wellcome to Emuforums :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts