Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried running epsxe after i upgraded to windows xp Professional Edition.... it lags like crazy, almost a 100x slower than when I ran it on windows ME, which was normal...

Anybody has a solution for this?

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Alexandros
I tried running epsxe after i upgraded to windows xp Professional Edition.... it lags like crazy, almost a 100x slower than when I ran it on windows ME, which was normal...

Anybody has a solution for this?
1) Try updating your drivers, as UncleClive said.
2) What plugins are you using?

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just what kind of aspi layer does win XP have anyway? you could try installin adaptec's. Upgrading all your drivers never hurts either tho.

(Princess Mononoke is a great movie btw)

·
Registered
251 Posts
use d3d instead of ogl
i use winxp too(professional version with plus pack installed)
when i ran ePSXe in ogl , the fps is around 3-4 , but when i'm using d3d , it's around 57-62
btw , i'm using asus v7700 deluxe with det15.30 installed(det21.81 caused lockups im my XP,and ME too)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have windowsXP too and epsxe runs very fast.
Here are the specs that matters

1Ghz Athlon-C
Geforce 2MX with Detonator 4 drivers (the most recent)

Try setting your Nvidia OpenGL preferences to:
Use Block Transfer buffer flipping
disable v-sync
disable Anisotropic Filtering
and disable FSAA.

and make sure your system is loaded with ram...XP isn't happy with anything below 128MB.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Gam3rX
use d3d instead of ogl
i use winxp too(professional version with plus pack installed)
when i ran ePSXe in ogl , the fps is around 3-4 , but when i'm using d3d , it's around 57-62
btw , i'm using asus v7700 deluxe with det15.30 installed(det21.81 caused lockups im my XP,and ME too)
As you said Gam3rX, you only get 3-4fps with opengl with the default xp nvidia driver (apparently that is version 14.70 afaik), i too have the asus V7700 and my system seems to work fine with the 21.81 and it gives me full speed (same as d3d). The only lockups i was getting in XP were due to a lot of dust around my CPU fan which was causing a bit of overheating.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by UncleClive

As you said Gam3rX, you only get 3-4fps with opengl with the default xp nvidia driver (apparently that is version 14.70 afaik), i too have the asus V7700 and my system seems to work fine with the 21.81 and it gives me full speed (same as d3d). The only lockups i was getting in XP were due to a lot of dust around my CPU fan which was causing a bit of overheating.
should wait for nvidia's new det then
thank god they are already aware of this problem
but in my computer,it;s not lockup actually
i boot my computer and when it loads up xp,after several seconds my computer will restart automatically
in ME ,when i shutdown the computer Explorer.exe will crash with det 21.81 installed
got the 15.30 from http://www.the-cad.com (XP/2K only driver)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts