Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Win2k with a new Kyro2 I just bought.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with ePSXe 1.01 and an old GPU until my home internet gets working again...

I was just wondering, will the latest version of ePSXe work better? My games used to run great on my Voodoo3 with lewpy's GPU, but they run like crap on the other GPUs.

The D3D GPU's jam and fry my video drivers, as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't know, personally I've always used Pete's OpenGl plugin over lewpy's glide. I tried both, lewpy's was missing lots of textures, pete's wasn't even though it ran a bit slower. However, I have heard the kyro2 isn't very good with openGL, so try pete's direct3d one. I've found it to be almost as good as his openGL one, but with a couple more graphical problems and a bit slower.

Edit:
Sorry, didn't notice that thing about home Internet not working. Newer plugins and versions of ePSXe should work better. Well, maybe you could swap your voodoo3 back in for a while(the two cards are about equal in speed....unless you take into consideration that the kyro2 has tile-based rendering, than it can be double the speed) or you could put on a different version of windows or wherever you are getting on the Internet from you can put the stuff onto a disk and bring it home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts