Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how to put this but epxse at first played really well.I could play any game i owned as child but that all just suddenly changed yesterday.I tried playing hoshigami which played 100% well and now it just is blank screen.I tried iso of it and results are still same.I tried changing plugins into anything and still same.I tried absolutely anything but unfortunately results are same - No sound and once you try entering another screen ,screen goes blank and freezes.Im completely lost here.
I use :
Video Plugin - Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Sound Plugin - P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
Cdrom Plugin - P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4
Bios - scph1001.bin

ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator says when i try playing iso:
* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.7.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios\scph1001.bin].
* Loading CCD File ok
* Loading ISO Format [MDF/BIN/IMG2352] <+subchanngel> ok
* First/Last track:1 5
* Track 1: <DATA> - Start 1: <00,02,00> - Length 52:27
* Track 2: <AUDIO> - Start 2: <52,33,25> - Length 01:34
* Track 3: <AUDIO> - Start 3: <54,11,43> - Length 01:32
* Track 4: <AUDIO> - Start 4: <55,48,34> - Length 01:31
* Track 5: <AUDIO> - Start 5: <57,23,72> - Length 03:55
* NTSC cdrom detected. <SLUS_013.75>
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[0]...
* Direct input init ok.

...and then suddenly stops there.
I own Playstation myself but it has been damaged and runs cds with lag (And i own cds that i try playing on ePSXe too).On computer i can play them without lag but with this problem im very confused.:(
I tried searching here forums about this problem but i didnt find any help or im just blind.
Any help would be nice.:innocent:

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Strange i never saw ePSXe on me oO (j/k couldnt help it) just tested the game running fine without any problem. post you system specs and plugin configuration for ePSXe (sound, video and for CD plugins/settings)

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
can you get the BIOS to run? can you also include the O/S you are using in the specs requested for in the above post?

· Registered
4 Posts
HOW TO FIX
HELP!! ePSXe Black Screen Problems

I had the same problem (ff7 included) tried everything
people don't seem to realise when they remove epsxe and the put it back even in a different drive on the computer with new plug-ins the old controller settings remain how you changed them

this means the epsxe is getting settings form some were even after completely replacing
aka the registry

remove both the registry edit using regedit manually as stated in this forum

HELP!! ePSXe Black Screen Problems

if that doesn't help urrr umm
sorry i guess

PS not responsible for any damage caused buy fiddling with reg edit

· Banned
35,081 Posts
old plugins... crap plugins.. meh.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bios run perfectly.I was thinking same that probably my brother messed up configuration and i saw myself that if i tried deleting and redownloading epsxe configuration was same.Since typing all configuring here would take too long time i'm gonna do screenshots.That way its easier.Although i never touch configurations...
Configurations:
Video plugin - http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3213/videoconf.jpg
Sound plugin - http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1676/soundconf.jpg
Cd plugin - http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7951/cdconf.jpg

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
This is what i tested the game with it should work without a problem

PS: at gfx card ram size set the size of your gpu if you have ati otherwise you can let it on autodetect

PS2: if this settings dont work it might be a damaged disk try another game see if it works

· Banned
35,081 Posts
sapu cdr or gtfo :p

*kicks strike.*

· Registered
4 Posts
OMG did you try to delete the registry entries as i said I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM and doing that fixed it, as I also stated the registry entries keeps the software registry entries no matter were or how many times you remove/replace the emulator this mean when you run the ePSXe is doesnt mater how you put the settings itll read the reg and run it like that which is why it keeps failing
fiddle with the plugins as much as you like
think about it you have reinstalled the ePSXe shouldnt it work you havant done any thing differnat yet it dones work so something must be doing the same thing over and over this problem originated when ugradeing from 1.5 to 1.7 verisons

To remove comletely ePSXe, do the following:
1) Remove ALL the files.
2) Edit the registry (Start -> Run -> type "regedit" in the box and click "OK")
3) Look for the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe [delete folder]
Delete this resgistry key
4) If you want to delete the plugins registry too, delete this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing [delte folder]
(this entry is the problem is fact you might jsut be able to remove this with out reinstallin the software)

· Banned
35,081 Posts
:rolleyes: if its anything to do with the registry, its something the user has changed in the app, so configuring it properly would have more of an effect at fixing the issue, then resetting the emulator to default settings.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
sapu cdr or gtfo :p

*kicks strike.*
I dint even bother downloading that, i always play from iso's but this time was a exception since i never did a image of that game and with my other drive i was burning dvd's hence i decided to play from CD :lol:. Anyway the game played flawlessly with those plugins settings as well with opengl2 and peops software one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.