Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, I haven't had a free time today but I'll make sure I can help you, what exacty do you want?
I'm planning to do another skins this month, so stay updated ☺
Hi dalisay thanks for your time I posted a skin pad that I would love to redesign to make it look like the fade and PS1 skin pad I love the skin you made but I would like to make the simple blue skin pad look like the one you made

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Haven't used epsxe in quite a long time, recectly opened it for some FFTactics and found out the old skins don't match anymore. Seems like they updated the layout a bit to make up for the "Enlarged upon press" feature. Welp, most of the skins in the original post won't match anymore. Updated the PSX skin. Attatched here. @Dalisay Used your skin as a layout. Thanks man, saved a lotta time finding out the new layout.
PSX_Black.png
PSX_White.png

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
[QUOTE = "Celso2018, post: 2725469, member: 709244"] [QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, member: 700441"] Hello fellow classic gamers!
I am a new member here,

I recently searched the net for ePSXe skins and I found this topic including the skins posted above and I tried all of them but as "ilbichnivni" said these skins do not work well, and I realized that the default skin layout of ePSXe has a limited size to fit an image, as you can see below, when I use the skin of PS1.png that is posted above, it will look like this:
[ATTACH = full] 198873 [/ ATTACH]
The dpad and the image of the action buttons have been cut to fit in the default layout, so do the other buttons.

So I made my own skin here:
(All buttons have been downloaded from google)
[ATTACH = full] 198881 [/ ATTACH]
And it will look like this:
[ATTACH = full] 198921 [/ ATTACH]
As you can see, each button is docked inside a box and these boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so that I could fit my buttons perfectly where it should be, because even the X button in the skins embedded the application was cut a little on the left side.

Please, lower my own skin if you want! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can not see good images on google. [/ QUOTE]
Send the link qo dowload of the buttons [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Celso2018, post: 2725469, member: 709244"] [QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, member: 700441"] Hello fellow classic gamers!
I am a new member here,

I recently searched the net for ePSXe skins and I found this topic including the skins posted above and I tried all of them but as "ilbichnivni" said these skins do not work well, and I realized that the default skin layout of ePSXe has a limited size to fit an image, as you can see below, when I use the skin of PS1.png that is posted above, it will look like this:
[ATTACH = full] 198873 [/ ATTACH]
The dpad and the image of the action buttons have been cut to fit in the default layout, so do the other buttons.

(All buttons have been downloaded from google)
[ATTACH = full] 198881 [/ ATTACH]
[ATTACH = full] 198921 [/ ATTACH]
As you can see, each button is docked inside a box and these boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so that I could fit my buttons perfectly where it should be, because even the X button in the skins embedded the application was cut a little on the left side.

Please, lower my own skin if you want! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can not see good images on google. [/ QUOTE]
Send the link qo dowload of the buttons [/ QUOTE]
Hi

hello I'm also new here and do you think you got any sharp instructions on how I can make the simple blue skin pad that I posted look like the one you made any questions on that
Try this skin as a guideline.
Trial.png

Try to place buttons inside the borders. It's not exact, there's like a pixel or 2 buffer at the edges, actually helpful in editing imo.
Also, by 3d/Transparent buttons, you mean like this? :
Trial glass.png

A quick mockup of glass effect. It's actually a plugin for Photoshop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow classic gamers!
I'm a new member here,

Recently I've been searching the net for ePSXe skins and I've found this thread including the posted skins above and I've tried them all, but as "ilbichnivni" said this skins doesn't work well, and I've figured out that ePSXe's default skin layout has a limited size of fitting a picture, as you can see below, when I use the PS1.png skin that is posted above will look like this:
View attachment 198873
The dpad and action buttons picture were trimmed to fit the default layout, same goes to the other buttons.

(All buttons were downloaded from google)
View attachment 198881
View attachment 198921
As you can see each buttons are fitted inside a box and those boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so I can fit my buttons perfectly where it should belong because even the X Button in the built-in skins in the app were trimmed a little bit on its left side.

Please download my own skin if you like! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can't see good images on google.
How did you do this

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Love your work! Clearly you are a pro ;)
I love that you can re-skin the touchscreen buttons, but I've always been frustrated by the fact that you are unable to individually move the symbol buttons. They always have to be in their "Up Down Left and Right" configuration.
I am looking to make my own skin, but with the symbol buttons in a different arrangement to better suit my phone screen the RPGs I like to play (you only really use X and O). Ive made a mock up of how I would want to arrange the symbols (below).

View attachment 198249

Im confident I could make the png needed in photoshop, but how do i then tell the android version of the emulator what areas of the png the "clickable" buttons? How is that defined?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!
i need download this skin, where is the link?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow classic gamers!
I'm a new member here,

Recently I've been searching the net for ePSXe skins and I've found this thread including the posted skins above and I've tried them all, but as "ilbichnivni" said this skins doesn't work well, and I've figured out that ePSXe's default skin layout has a limited size of fitting a picture, as you can see below, when I use the PS1.png skin that is posted above will look like this:
View attachment 198873
The dpad and action buttons picture were trimmed to fit the default layout, same goes to the other buttons.

(All buttons were downloaded from google)
View attachment 198881
View attachment 198921
As you can see each buttons are fitted inside a box and those boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so I can fit my buttons perfectly where it should belong because even the X Button in the built-in skins in the app were trimmed a little bit on its left side.

Please download my own skin if you like! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can't see good images on google.
CAN YOU GIVE DETAIL ABOUT HOW CAN I SET TWO JOYSTICKS LIKE YOUR PICTURE? I HAVE DEFAULT SETTINGS. I want to this type of touchscreen controller because default dpad useless for play game.
Screenshot_2020-08-28-23-40-16.png

21 - 33 of 33 Posts