Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! 5 On-screen gamepad skins for Epsxe. Attatched as a '.zip' file (SkinsUpdate1.zip). EDIT : The older skins are outdated. They won't look like they are supposed too. These 5 newer ones has been remade to work properly on the latest version.

P.S. The mismatched layout seems to be caused by an update that added "Enlarge Upon Press" option to the D-Pad.

Updated versions :

20190408_174824.jpg
Screenshot_20190408-174310_ePSXe.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i been trying to change the skins here on my phone here on this emu and somehow nothing works in regards of change the gamepad skins here do you got any sharp instructions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey i been trying to change the skins here on my phone here on this emu and somehow nothing works in regards of change the gamepad skins here do you got any sharp instructions?
You can place the skins anywhere. To set them :
Preferences -> TouchScreen Gamepad -> Pad Skin (Landscape and/or Portrait) -> Select "Custom Skin" and go back once -> Scroll down, select "Pad Skin file" -> Select the custom skin you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there! Love your work! Clearly you are a pro ;)
I love that you can re-skin the touchscreen buttons, but I've always been frustrated by the fact that you are unable to individually move the symbol buttons. They always have to be in their "Up Down Left and Right" configuration.
I am looking to make my own skin, but with the symbol buttons in a different arrangement to better suit my phone screen the RPGs I like to play (you only really use X and O). Ive made a mock up of how I would want to arrange the symbols (below).

Mockup.jpg

Im confident I could make the png needed in photoshop, but how do i then tell the android version of the emulator what areas of the png the "clickable" buttons? How is that defined?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello fellow classic gamers!
I'm a new member here,

Recently I've been searching the net for ePSXe skins and I've found this thread including the posted skins above and I've tried them all, but as "ilbichnivni" said this skins doesn't work well, and I've figured out that ePSXe's default skin layout has a limited size of fitting a picture, as you can see below, when I use the PS1.png skin that is posted above will look like this:
Screenshot_2018-04-16-12-10-20-1.jpg

The dpad and action buttons picture were trimmed to fit the default layout, same goes to the other buttons.

So I made my own skin here:
(All buttons were downloaded from google)
Fade.png

And it will look like this:
Screenshot_2018-04-16-12-58-11.jpg

As you can see each buttons are fitted inside a box and those boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so I can fit my buttons perfectly where it should belong because even the X Button in the built-in skins in the app were trimmed a little bit on its left side.

Please download my own skin if you like! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can't see good images on google.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there! Love your work! Clearly you are a pro ;)
I love that you can re-skin the touchscreen buttons, but I've always been frustrated by the fact that you are unable to individually move the symbol buttons. They always have to be in their "Up Down Left and Right" configuration.
I am looking to make my own skin, but with the symbol buttons in a different arrangement to better suit my phone screen the RPGs I like to play (you only really use X and O). Ive made a mock up of how I would want to arrange the symbols (below).

View attachment 198249

Im confident I could make the png needed in photoshop, but how do i then tell the android version of the emulator what areas of the png the "clickable" buttons? How is that defined?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!
Hi Dan E!
I posted a .png in this thread and you can see where in the .png is the clickable buttons, basically all the boxes are the clickable ones.
I really want your buttons, but I'm having a problem editing it, I'm hoping to see your work soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dalisay!

Loving your work! I like how you have designed your buttons around how they are to fit around the game screen itself.

Can you tell me if your action buttons (the cross,circle,square and triangle) can be moved independantly around?

What i would love is for those buttons to be certically arranged, like they are in my mockupso make RPGs easier to play.

What i struggle with is how you "tell" the emulator which section of the png is which button.

Do you see what I mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dalisay!

Loving your work! I like how you have designed your buttons around how they are to fit around the game screen itself.

Can you tell me if your action buttons (the cross,circle,square and triangle) can be moved independantly around?

What i would love is for those buttons to be certically arranged, like they are in my mockupso make RPGs easier to play.

What i struggle with is how you "tell" the emulator which section of the png is which button.

Do you see what I mean?
Yes I understand, but i don't think you can rearrange the buttons beacause it is already fixed.
When you removed all the buttons in my skin that leaves the boxes, those are only the clickable ones, and when you add a buttons anywhere in the white background won't be visible or if you add a buttons between the white background and the boxes the picture will be trimmed just like what happen on the skins above, thats why i make the background white to fit my buttons perfectly and is easier to edit next time.

Btw why would you like to arrange your action buttons vertically?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Essentially, its so i can play games like Final Fantasy 9 - a game which doesnt use much else apart from the directional buttons and X without the action buttons overlaying the screen, but big enough to press easier on my mobile phone.

Here is what it looks like wiht the stock gamepad skin with buttons as big as i can make them without interfering too much with the game screen:
current.jpg

And is a quick mockup of my goal situation (direction pads missing as i have these set up to appear where ever I place my thumb):
goal.jpg

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi dalisay I'm a new member here and I was wondering is there a way I can make my own skin pad I see how you made your own and I'm just so curious on how to make my own

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, membro: 700441"] Olá companheiros gamers clássicos!
Eu sou um novo membro aqui,

Recentemente eu tenho procurado na net por skins ePSXe e eu encontrei este tópico incluindo as skins postadas acima e eu tentei todas elas, mas como "ilbichnivni" disse que essas skins não funcionam bem, e eu percebi que o layout de skin padrão do ePSXe tem um tamanho limitado de encaixar uma imagem, como você pode ver abaixo, quando eu uso a skin de PS1.png que é postada acima, ficará assim:
View attachment 198873
O dpad e a imagem dos botões de ação foram cortados para caber no layout padrão, o mesmo acontece com os outros botões.

Então eu fiz minha própria pele aqui:
(Todos os botões foram baixados do google)
View attachment 198881
E ficará assim:
View attachment 198921
Como você pode ver, cada botão é encaixado dentro de uma caixa e essas caixas são o layout padrão exato das skins, eu deixei visível para que eu pudesse encaixar meus botões perfeitamente onde deveria estar, porque mesmo o botão X nas skins embutidas o aplicativo foi cortado um pouco no lado esquerdo.

Por favor, baixe minha própria pele, se quiser! E eu ainda quero editar outra skin que parece com botões reais ou 3d ou transparentes, mas não consigo ver boas imagens no google. [/QUOTE]
Manda o link qo dowload dos botoes

·
Registered
11 Posts
[QUOTE = "Celso2018, post: 2725469, member: 709244"] [QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, member: 700441"] Hello fellow classic gamers!
I am a new member here,

I recently searched the net for ePSXe skins and I found this topic including the skins posted above and I tried all of them but as "ilbichnivni" said these skins do not work well, and I realized that the default skin layout of ePSXe has a limited size to fit an image, as you can see below, when I use the skin of PS1.png that is posted above, it will look like this:
[ATTACH = full] 198873 [/ ATTACH]
The dpad and the image of the action buttons have been cut to fit in the default layout, so do the other buttons.

(All buttons have been downloaded from google)
[ATTACH = full] 198881 [/ ATTACH]
[ATTACH = full] 198921 [/ ATTACH]
As you can see, each button is docked inside a box and these boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so that I could fit my buttons perfectly where it should be, because even the X button in the skins embedded the application was cut a little on the left side.

Please, lower my own skin if you want! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can not see good images on google. [/ QUOTE]
Send the link qo dowload of the buttons [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Celso2018, post: 2725469, member: 709244"] [QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, member: 700441"] Hello fellow classic gamers!
I am a new member here,

I recently searched the net for ePSXe skins and I found this topic including the skins posted above and I tried all of them but as "ilbichnivni" said these skins do not work well, and I realized that the default skin layout of ePSXe has a limited size to fit an image, as you can see below, when I use the skin of PS1.png that is posted above, it will look like this:
[ATTACH = full] 198873 [/ ATTACH]
The dpad and the image of the action buttons have been cut to fit in the default layout, so do the other buttons.

(All buttons have been downloaded from google)
[ATTACH = full] 198881 [/ ATTACH]
[ATTACH = full] 198921 [/ ATTACH]
As you can see, each button is docked inside a box and these boxes are the exact default layout of the skins, I made it visible so that I could fit my buttons perfectly where it should be, because even the X button in the skins embedded the application was cut a little on the left side.

Please, lower my own skin if you want! And I still want to edit another skin that looks like real or 3d or transparent buttons, but I can not see good images on google. [/ QUOTE]
Send the link qo dowload of the buttons [/ QUOTE]
Hi
[QUOTE = "DALlSAY, post: 2707321, membro: 700441"] Olá companheiros gamers clássicos!
Eu sou um novo membro aqui,

Recentemente eu tenho procurado na net por skins ePSXe e eu encontrei este tópico incluindo as skins postadas acima e eu tentei todas elas, mas como "ilbichnivni" disse que essas skins não funcionam bem, e eu percebi que o layout de skin padrão do ePSXe tem um tamanho limitado de encaixar uma imagem, como você pode ver abaixo, quando eu uso a skin de PS1.png que é postada acima, ficará assim:
View attachment 198873
O dpad e a imagem dos botões de ação foram cortados para caber no layout padrão, o mesmo acontece com os outros botões.

Então eu fiz minha própria pele aqui:
(Todos os botões foram baixados do google)
View attachment 198881
E ficará assim:
View attachment 198921
Como você pode ver, cada botão é encaixado dentro de uma caixa e essas caixas são o layout padrão exato das skins, eu deixei visível para que eu pudesse encaixar meus botões perfeitamente onde deveria estar, porque mesmo o botão X nas skins embutidas o aplicativo foi cortado um pouco no lado esquerdo.

Por favor, baixe minha própria pele, se quiser! E eu ainda quero editar outra skin que parece com botões reais ou 3d ou transparentes, mas não consigo ver boas imagens no google. [/ QUOTE]
Manda o link qo dowload dos botoes
hello I'm also new here and do you think you got any sharp instructions on how I can make the simple blue skin pad that I posted look like the one you made any questions on that

1 - 20 of 33 Posts