Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I thought I'd post since I can't seem to find anyone else who had this issue.

Basically, I downloaded the latest ePSXe the otherday, got the needed plugins for it and what not, I loaded it up, no issues, configured everything.

I go to run the Bios, it works however my PC immediately freezes each second, I it's quite bizarre, I close off ePSXe, and it still keeps freezing briefly each second, I restart the PC and it's fine, however anytime I go to run anything on ePSXe it happens so I'm slightly confused as to why this is going on.

I had ePSXe long ago on this PC and don't recall ever having issues like this.
Has this happened to anyone else? is there something that can solve this?

PC SPECS:

2gb DDR ram
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
NVIDIA 7950 GT
Windows XP Home (service Pack 3)

(Though I doubt my specs have anything to do with it)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
does this happen when you run games as well or is it just when you try and run the BIOS?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
install the AMD dual core, and AMD cool and quiet drivers (or disable cool and quiet)

update your video drivers a well, and make sure the system is recieving plenty of power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And remember to shut ePSXe off by pressing ESC instead of closing the render window.
If I'm running a game in a window and I shut it off by closing the window could that cause my PC to run much slower? It takes a lot for my PC to run the emulators.

I'm only asking because that is how I normally close out of it and my PC was once very fast but since using espxe iit has been a lot slower a lot of the time.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to do file>exit from the GUI in order to exit out correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drivers are up to date etc. It's not anything like that, I'm sure of that much especially considering the PS2 emulator runs fine and all.

It's just the moment I start ePSXe, my computer begins freezing each second, I can still do stuff but it's not enjoyable, only way to fix it is to restart so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.