Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
¿Has someone been able to properly get CDDA music with the linux version of ePSXe? It's driving me crazy.

It just happens to me? I just can't understand why some games just doesn't play any music at all (like Wipeout 1) or some games just play some music tracks of the CD (RollCage).

The cd's are fine, I can hear the music through XMMS (yes, i've checked that the audio output is analogic) and in the windows version of epsxe they work fine. What's the problem?

:hdbash:

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because that statement IS WRONG, ePSXe's linux version PLAYS CDDA music EXCEPT in some especial cases, read again my first post. What I'm trying to determine is why is this happening, if it is a problem of the emulator or a linux configuration problem, or even a problem with the CD, because it doesn't make sense.

· Registered
654 Posts
In that case, I need a list of your Playstation games which
(A) have CDDA music, and
(B) play that CDDA music okay through ePSXe on Linux.

If I have any of those, this coming weekend I will try them with Linux ePSXe.

Music in games is not always CDDA - sometimes it's XA. Are you sure that the games where you do hear music in Linux are CDDA and not XA?

Dan

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, here it goes.

Games that seems to play all the music tracks properly:
- Wipeout 3 Special Edition (PAL)
- Hoshigami - Ruining Blue Earth (NTSC)
- Hogs of war (PAL - Spanish)
- Galaga - Destination: Earth (PAL)

Games that plays some or almost all of the music tracks properly:
- Wipeout XL (NTSC) a.k.a. Wipeout 2097 (PAL)
- Rollcage (PAL)*

Games that doesn't play any music track:
- Wipeout 1 (PAL)
- Tekken 3 (PAL)

*: Got these messages in the console:
CD stop failed (5)
CD resume failed (5)

· Registered
654 Posts
The only games from your list that I have are the three WipEout games, and only the NTSC versions. Do you have the NTSC of the second game, the PAL, or both?

Have you successfully gotten music to play in-game with WipEout XL (NTSC)?

Dan

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have the NTSC version of the game (XL). The game seems to play all the CDDA tracks except the one from the main menu.

EDIT: Well, now i've tried the linux version of PCSX with linuzappz's cdrom plugin, and it works pretty well, much better than ePSXe. As a final conclusion, use PCSX in linux and ePSXe in Windows :eyemove:

· Registered
654 Posts
I tried the NTSC versions of WipEout 2 and WipEout 3 in ePSXe 1.6.0 under Knoppix Linux.

In each case the XA music in the intro videos worked fine, but I got no CDDA sound from either CD, neither in the menu nor while running a race. I tried both Pete's plugin and the PeOps plugin and heard no difference. It's not a problem with my hardware setup nor Linux setup, as XMMS plays the CD tracks nicely.

Are you certain that you got music in WipEout XL during a race on Linux with ePSXe 1.6.0?

Dan

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok, I tried it again and I was wrong, it doesn't play almost all tracks oO if I recall correctly, it did...

Whatever, in the game menu (or in the main menu) go to the sound options and in the audio player select the tracks 'Canada', 'Loops of fury' or 'Ub'. I'm *really* sure that these work because I have just checked it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.