Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whenever trying to load a BIOS, the emulator just terminates. (ePSXe.exe has stopped working, Windows can check online for a solution to the problem, etc)

I'm not sure what configuration I should be using, I'm on Windows 7 at the moment so I'm imagining that's probably the biggest issue..

Plugin wise I've tried Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 (and 2.9), P.E.Op.S. CDR Version 1.4, P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio SPU Version 1.9, not exactly sure what I should be doing though, or how they should be configured...any recommendations would be appreciated, I realise how much of an idiot I sound like, but I'm new at this thing. Sorry. :(

Thanks.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use peopsoft opengl 1.78
Sapu CDR 1.3
and Eternal SPU 1.4.

Also disable Data Execution Prevention.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I disable it? I have those plugins, getting the same error.

Tried running bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff in the command prompt, gives me an access denied error, even though I'm the system administrator.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
If no viruses, or any lucky moments... try to dump your BIOS again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No viruses...how do I 'dump' the bios? Apologies for the noobness...does this just mean select it again from the config menu then attempt to run it? As that does nothing, but if it means something else (I'm guessing it does :lol:) then some explanation would be needed :(

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
If you haven't done it yourself, ask the person who dumped it for you, or go here.

If you ever get stuck again, try "Search" first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.