Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I have Windows XP RC1 and my psx games are working fine. Got NO speed lacks or other glitches in epsxe.

My system:
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1GHz
256 Mb RAM
Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 Value
40Gb HD
Geforce 2MX 200

Plugins used:

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.4.0. (does not know the exact name but you need this)
Iori's DirectSound Driver 1.4
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.52

Hint:

In rare cases you can't access the Desktop after quitting a fullscreen app. But you can access the taskbar. Log out and log in (again) and the problems are gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I missunderstand you... You need help to get PSX games running under Windows XP :

First, tell me what system and hardware you have.
What Windows XP version do you have?
What plugins do you use + settings?
AND... What is your problem? Is Windows or epsxe crashing? Do you Have you problems with your CD drive? Did you get any error message?
I need more details. It isn't enough to go to forum and tell "It does not work". Nobody can help you if you don't tell the whole problem...

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may try another gpu plugin. I have heard from many people that 3dfx glide is not working under Windows 2000 and XP very well (or anymore)...

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by ahtze
Anyone can play PS games with ePSXe in Windows XP ?
I can't play
I noticed you're using a Voodoo card, that's likely where the problem lies. Starting from RC1, the Win2000 drivers for the Voodoo no longer work, and the drivers provided by Microsoft only work in D3D. Try Pete's D3D or Pete's Soft plugin, see if you can get any games to play.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
6 Posts
refering to the reply above:

You own a sidewinder gamepad? I've heard that some people have problem using that device in Win2000. Do you have any problems (with epsxe etc.)? I thought about bying one in the future. BTW do you know how to get the 12 buttons from the Creative cobra gamepad to work in Windows XP? :confused: Sorry this is a bit off topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts