3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Here is the machine that I am running:

Dell Insprion 7500
384MB Ram
700MHz PIII
Windows 2000
ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP2X (4MB)

I'm using ePSXe 1.4, with the newest plugins that I can find. With software renderers, it seems to work, but the screen flashes. With anything that wants to use hardware (the Rage card) ePSXe crashed. I've tried Pete's Newest offerings, along with other GPU plugins with the same results. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
It seems to me that I have heard that some Laptops have problems running ePSXe. I think it had something to w/the limitations of a Laptop vs. a Desktop. Also, your Video card's ram is very small to be running anything really well in 3D. Yes, I know you can't change it, since it is built in. But this is probably the reason for the screen flashes in software mode and the crashes in 3d mode. This is one of the "limitations" of a Laptop that was mentioned. Sorry I can't be of more help. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 500mhz inspiron which i got in jan 2000. unlike yours, it came with 8mb agp and all the games i've tried with epsxe so far works beautifully on it. i imagine you got yours quite some time after i had mine, so how on earth did you manage to get stuck with a crappy 4mb videocard?

i always use d3d when i play games on this video chipset. the 2nd and 3rd generation rage mobility do not perform well at all on opengl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea how I got stuck with such a suck card either (it's work's). My boss's has the 8MB version too.

Time to do a little research on the rest of the machines...

The only other computer that I have is a Comp-USuckA PC that's a lowly 400 Celery with no 3D and everything integrated into the board!!! No emulation happening on that guy.

Damn it! Maybe I'll seriously look into a PS2 then.

Any other people with similar setups?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Uh, i have a crappy P3, a crappy mobo, but my vodoo3 3000 let's me enjoy ePSXe really nice. Even if it's not a laptop, talking about pc setups shouldn't be taking place here, don't you think sx/amiga?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts