Next Generation Emulation banner

ePSXe GPU Core 2.0 Custom Shaders

49K views 69 replies 20 participants last post by  guest.r 
#1 ·
Hello,

How to re-write custom shaders from OpenGL 2 plugin to Core plugin ?
File names are gpuCore.slf and gpuCore.slv but renaming OpenGL 2 shaders causes only screen corruption.

EDIT: I want to use Natural Colors shader because is giving game look as on my old CRT TV, more vivid.

#16 · (Edited)
how do i edit the shaders to make their effects less/more intense? i looked at the code in notepad but don't understand it...what values to change?

the stgraa2d shader is also nice, but want to lessen it's effects a bit. the aa+4.0 lottes is nice too, the level 2 version lags for me, but the other one seems to work good and looks great. the crt setting number 2 and 4 are nice.

just wanted to say thanks again for the shaders. gpu core on native resolution is the closest i can get to accurate psx emulation with 60 fps no lag, and i like to play on 1920x1080 fullscreen lol. so any neat shaders there is to enhance it helps alot :D

and also is there a way to combine the natural color shader with the aa+4.0 lottes? can you do a shader like that please

#18 ·
Anyone could convert this 2xHQ for OpenGL2 to the GPU Core 2 plugin?

Why? Cause it looks good and run easily on my Intel HD Graphics (first gen).

xBRZ doesn't run well here, and I may not be the only one with old system here.

cheers

Attachments

#22 ·
The vast majority of the shaders I use are made by Asmodean, edgbla, guest(r), Hyllian/Jararaca, Pete's, Timothy Lottes. So, first, thank you all.

But they are hard to find because most are only available as scattered messages on completely different topics and forums - for completely different emulators too!

And from the standpoint of historical preservation I believe it would be very good if there were a server holding the various versions, revisions, and archives produced by these great men.

Something like github or sourceforge.

I did not found anything like this. Only Pete's has a personal site, on which he holds the shaders for OpenGL2. And this men releases the best codes for so much system, that is, at least for me, very hard to keep track of them!

thx!

Reactions: guest.r
#27 ·
A bit shifted image can result from forced auto integer scaling this shader uses, the old version could also pick up some garbage from the off-screen environment. It's advisable to use 1:1 internal resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio with it. Anyway here is an updated shader (garbage cleaning implemented).

Example image:

Attachments

#31 ·
depends on the scanline /crt method I suppose.. I really like the one in pcsx2 thats triangular dots (More like a real crt) it does a really good job of simulating a crt screen(it's , I believe, overlayed on top so resolution/scaling independent).. the downside to scanline/crt simulation is how much it darkens the image....

#34 ·
AMD Linux drivers always teaching a lesson. :D
I updated the shader, should be more compatible now.
Hey dude, I like your soft lite shader alot and I use it often with the gpu core.
If it's not too much to ask, could you also convert the crt-pi with curvature found in retroarch to one that can be used in gpucore?
I have a crappy 2core intel celeron laptop with intel integrated gpu, I can use the crt lottes but I find that it darkens the screen quite a bit and I saw that crt-pi shader applies the same scanlines without darkening the screen too much.
I would really appreciate it, thanks.

#35 ·
Hey dude, I like your soft lite shader alot and I use it often with the gpu core.
If it's not too much to ask, could you also convert the crt-pi with curvature found in retroarch to one that can be used in gpucore?
I have a crappy 2core intel celeron laptop with intel integrated gpu, I can use the crt lottes but I find that it darkens the screen quite a bit and I saw that crt-pi shader applies the same scanlines without darkening the screen too much.
I would really appreciate it, thanks.
probably the only difference is the transparency of the scaliness or maybe the color a lighter color means a brighter overall picture.. the darker the scanlines the darker the screen

in the gpucore.slf these are the settings you can "play with"

#define saturation 1.20 // 1.0 is normal saturation
#define brightboost 1.35
#define gammaIN 1.8
#define gammaOUT 2.0
#define shape1 10.0 // scanline shape params
#define shape2 1.8
#define cutoff 0.3 // 0.0 to 0.9 - for thicker/darker scanlines
#define h_sharp 1.5 // pixel sharpness
#define v_sharp 3.0

brightboost and saturation will make it brighter and more colorful a lower cutoff will thin out the scanlines and also make the picture brighter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.