Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can edit the shader with an text editor (notepad++) or just with a simple windows editor and uncomment the define for curvature:
Code:
//#define CURVATURE
This shader has some other options that can be altered also...

Another one which i like to use with "problematic - hard to enhance" games is 4xsoft + lottes mask, is very fast and looks pretty.

Best used with high (2x) internal resolution and screen smoothing, so 3D will get a boost also.
Wow, thank a lot! I'm gonna try this on 2d/3d games which are a hassle to emulate. I'm really quite enjoying the game now that the scanlines from crt-pi are hiding the jagged look of the 3d models without being too dark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can edit the shader with an text editor (notepad++) or just with a simple windows editor and uncomment the define for curvature:
Code:
//#define CURVATURE
This shader has some other options that can be altered also...

Another one which i like to use with "problematic - hard to enhance" games is 4xsoft + lottes mask, is very fast and looks pretty.

Best used with high (2x) internal resolution and screen smoothing, so 3D will get a boost also.
Hey, it's me again. I hope I'm not being importunate but I would like to make a request again. Could you do the CRT-geom and CRT royale fakebloom intel next. It's just that most of the shaders that you've ported so far could be handled by my crap-tastic intel gpu and I'd like to play with some more shaders now that I could use those in epsxe's gpucore. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
CRT-geom can be ported to gpucore, but unfortunately crt royale is a complicated multipass shader, which cannot be.

Don't forget to use 1x resolution...

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
All shaders that I found:

0_ for ePSXe GPU core 2.0.2
1_ for ePSXe Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core 2.00 - ARB program
2_ for edgbla 1.41 n 1.46 + ePSXe Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core 2.00 - GLSlang

I renamed the folders in Windows, with CMD:
Code:
for /D %D in (%cd%\*) do ren "%D" "2_ %~nxD"
It don't look great, but it is functional.

edgbla-plugin in my knowledge only looks the root shaders folder, so for me was easy to rename them this way.

And as I'm already here, I'll also send the script I use to make edgbla 1.46 open without having to install libraries on the system. Just save them in a new folder "edgbla" and gg.

Code:
echo off
echo.
echo.
echo LIB FOLDER: %~dp0edgbla
set "libfolder=%~dp0edgbla"
echo.
echo.
echo FIRST PATH: %path%
set "path=%libfolder%;%path%"
echo.
echo.
echo FINAL PATH: %path%
echo.
echo.
IF EXIST pcsxr-pgxp.exe (
  start pcsxr-pgxp.exe
) ELSE (
  IF EXIST ePSXe.exe (
    start ePSXe.exe
  )
)
timeout /T 10 /NOBREAK
* this script doesn't change the system and need to be executed whenever the user wants to change edgbla settings.

it works with ePSXe and PCSXR-PGXP. You can change de code to make 1.46 and 1.41 versions work together.

cheers!

ps: the smaller file "gpuPete" is GLSlang only before the use of the renaming script!

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Question, Is it possible to convert a single pass ScaleFx to epsxe gpu core 2 format ?
Unfortunately not. The best xPSXe gpu core can do is xBR/xBRZ regarding scaling shaders. ScaleFX is a 4 pass shader, impossible to do in a single pass. xPSXe gpu plugin would require a proper meta shader environment to run it.

If you are still curious, you can try running Retroarch with a proper PSX core, low resolution and ScaleFX.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately not. The best xPSXe gpu core can do is xBR/xBRZ regarding scaling shaders. ScaleFX is a 4 pass shader, impossible to do in a single pass. xPSXe gpu plugin would require a proper meta shader environment to run it.

If you are still curious, you can try running Retroarch with a proper PSX core, low resolution and ScaleFX.
thank you for the response, i actually asked because yeah tried ScaleFx on Retroarch and it looks amazing to the point that it that the assets were redrawn.

anyways any plans on converting your 6x BRZ shader to epsxe gpu core 2.0 version?

·
Registered
413 Posts
"anyways any plans on converting your 6x BRZ shader to epsxe gpu core 2.0 version?"

Hey NP. In meantime, another solution popped up from the Libretro Team, let's call it "xBRZ". ;)

It's a generic xBRZ scaler, no need for specific scale ratios any more. An it's much faster also.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone have a version of CRT-Hyllian (the one that originally integrated in a new epsxe), but without horizontal (scan)lines?
Untitled.jpg
I mean there's a whole bunch of cool crt-shaders, but they don't look as cool as the stock one, but these h.lines are ruining everything.
and without any smoothing or AA.
I've tried to get rid of them myself, but I'm a dum-dum in that.
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
does anyone have a version of CRT-Hyllian (the one that originally integrated in a new epsxe), but without horizontal (scan)lines?
View attachment 200614 I mean there's a whole bunch of cool crt-shaders, but they don't look as cool as the stock one, but these h.lines are ruining everything.
and without any smoothing or AA.
I've tried to get rid of them myself, but I'm a dum-dum in that.
thanks in advance!
he lines are because you are running a non original resolution.. I encounter the same on other emu's... snes for example, if you run at native res with scanlines it is perfect, if you bump it up, you get the weird lines

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone write this for epsxe gpu core? Cause im having issues in legend of dragoon using pete's plugin.. When in a transition(use magic, or when you encounter enemies) or when you prevented the counterattack it shows black screen then back to normal for a slight second..(i try every shaders and it kept happening) The speed isnt affected as it gave me 60fps smooth, its just the black screen... It really irritates me especially when I use Albert.. But when I use the gpu core, doesnt happen even if i use shader... But I want to use this shader though.. Thanks!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 70 Posts