Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
No problem...
I've ported the posted shader, along with the AA Shader 4.o, which does a decent 2D job.
same issue as the others.. @ 2x and 4x the AA 4.0 shader causes color banding... it looks brilliant @ 4x in every other possible way though.. better than hardware in my opinion

·
Registered
307 Posts
The vast majority of the shaders I use are made by Asmodean, edgbla, guest(r), Hyllian/Jararaca, Pete's, Timothy Lottes. So, first, thank you all.

But they are hard to find because most are only available as scattered messages on completely different topics and forums - for completely different emulators too!

And from the standpoint of historical preservation I believe it would be very good if there were a server holding the various versions, revisions, and archives produced by these great men.

Something like github or sourceforge.

I did not found anything like this. Only Pete's has a personal site, on which he holds the shaders for OpenGL2. And this men releases the best codes for so much system, that is, at least for me, very hard to keep track of them!

thx!

·
Registered
413 Posts
same issue as the others.. @ 2x and 4x the AA 4.0 shader causes color banding... it looks brilliant @ 4x in every other possible way though.. better than hardware in my opinion
I tried some tricks to remove the banding effect, but remained present, so i rather ported the 4xGLSoft Lite to the GPU Core.

Quite similar effect, very lightweight.
--------------------------
A very good shader pack for Pete's OGL2 plugin is available from the Emu-France site.

http://www.emu-france.com/emulateurs/5-consoles-de-salon/53-sony-playstation-psone/3695-epsxe-shaders-pack/

I might start a git someday though...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I tried some tricks to remove the banding effect, but remained present, so i rather ported the 4xGLSoft Lite to the GPU Core.

A very good shader pack for Pete's OGL2 plugin is available from the Emu-France site.

http://www.emu-france.com/emulateurs/5-consoles-de-salon/53-sony-playstation-psone/3695-epsxe-shaders-pack/

this is great.. a little tweak(upping the +/- x sampling numbers by 512) and it looks almost identical on the x2 setting (without tweak lettering doesn't smooth as well) as x4.... I wish the gpu core had a x3 option...would be the ideal setting for my system

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've made another CRT shader for the core gpu. It's a bit different from the rest, yet somewhat similar. :D
Has many options that are tweakable.
this one was weird for me, the top 1/8th of the screen was distorted and the whole image was shifted down screen by that much ...had remove black bars selected, I suppose that could be part of the issue

·
Registered
413 Posts
A bit shifted image can result from forced auto integer scaling this shader uses, the old version could also pick up some garbage from the off-screen environment. It's advisable to use 1:1 internal resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio with it. Anyway here is an updated shader (garbage cleaning implemented).

Example image:

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Glad you like it. :)
PSX gfx. indeed likes smoothing/scaling shaders a bit more than CRT ones in general.
Even SNES is contested ground.

In my taste CRT's are best for 8bit systems / 16bit systems with floppies. :D

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
depends on the scanline /crt method I suppose.. I really like the one in pcsx2 thats triangular dots (More like a real crt) it does a really good job of simulating a crt screen(it's , I believe, overlayed on top so resolution/scaling independent).. the downside to scanline/crt simulation is how much it darkens the image....

·
Registered
9 Posts

You should totally start a git. Looks like you've contributed shaders to most emu platforms. The 4xGLSoft Lite throws an unusual error for me in Linux (Ubuntu 17.04 64-bit) where the 2xHQ runs fine.

Code:
* Running ePSXe emulator version 2.0.5.
Elegido /home/user/.epsxe/shaders/gpucore/4xGLSoft Lite
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded.
* Loading Single CUE File ok
* Loading ISO Format [MDF/BIN/IMG2352] ok
* First/Last track: 1 1
* Track 1: (DATA)  - Start 1: (00,02,00) -  Length 65:27
* NTSC cdrom detected.
* Init gpu core
* GPU supports GTE Accurate
* Init OpenGLv2...
Could not compile shader 35632:
0:26(16): error: could not implicitly convert operands to arithmetic operator
0:26(11): error: cannot construct `vec4' from a non-numeric data type
0:27(11): warning: `yx' used uninitialized
0:33(44): warning: `yx' used uninitialized
0:34(44): warning: `yx' used uninitialized
0:35(44): warning: `yx' used uninitialized
0:36(44): warning: `yx' used uninitialized

(custom shader error) OpenGL Screen Resolution 1280x960 Ratio: StretchVendor: X.Org
Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-38-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)
* Open gpu[0]
* Mapped /dev/input/js1 to Player1
* Joystick init ok.
* Init core spu ... status 0

·
Registered
7 Posts
AMD Linux drivers always teaching a lesson. :D
I updated the shader, should be more compatible now.
Hey dude, I like your soft lite shader alot and I use it often with the gpu core.
If it's not too much to ask, could you also convert the crt-pi with curvature found in retroarch to one that can be used in gpucore?
I have a crappy 2core intel celeron laptop with intel integrated gpu, I can use the crt lottes but I find that it darkens the screen quite a bit and I saw that crt-pi shader applies the same scanlines without darkening the screen too much.
I would really appreciate it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hey dude, I like your soft lite shader alot and I use it often with the gpu core.
If it's not too much to ask, could you also convert the crt-pi with curvature found in retroarch to one that can be used in gpucore?
I have a crappy 2core intel celeron laptop with intel integrated gpu, I can use the crt lottes but I find that it darkens the screen quite a bit and I saw that crt-pi shader applies the same scanlines without darkening the screen too much.
I would really appreciate it, thanks.
probably the only difference is the transparency of the scaliness or maybe the color a lighter color means a brighter overall picture.. the darker the scanlines the darker the screen

in the gpucore.slf these are the settings you can "play with"

#define saturation 1.20 // 1.0 is normal saturation
#define brightboost 1.35
#define gammaIN 1.8
#define gammaOUT 2.0
#define shape1 10.0 // scanline shape params
#define shape2 1.8
#define cutoff 0.3 // 0.0 to 0.9 - for thicker/darker scanlines
#define h_sharp 1.5 // pixel sharpness
#define v_sharp 3.0

brightboost and saturation will make it brighter and more colorful a lower cutoff will thin out the scanlines and also make the picture brighter

·
Registered
7 Posts
probably the only difference is the transparency of the scaliness or maybe the color a lighter color means a brighter overall picture.. the darker the scanlines the darker the screen

in the gpucore.slf these are the settings you can "play with"

#define saturation 1.20 // 1.0 is normal saturation
#define brightboost 1.35
#define gammaIN 1.8
#define gammaOUT 2.0
#define shape1 10.0 // scanline shape params
#define shape2 1.8
#define cutoff 0.3 // 0.0 to 0.9 - for thicker/darker scanlines
#define h_sharp 1.5 // pixel sharpness
#define v_sharp 3.0

brightboost and saturation will make it brighter and more colorful a lower cutoff will thin out the scanlines and also make the picture brighter

Thanks for the tip. I can't seem to find some of the settings though. Btw I'm currently using the crt lottes for gpucore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No problem with crt-pi. Don't forget to customize it with an editor though...:)
Thanks a bunch!
I'm currently playing Xenogears for the first time and I can't seem to find the right balance for the visuals. It's one of those games that combine 3d models with 2d pixels. It's too hard to emulate because if I double the resolution, the pixels get messed up i.e. they have gaps. But the 3d models look awful in native. That's why I was looking for a shader to use that would look good on native res.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another question though; how do I add curvatures to it?
Hope I'm not being obnoxious, and thanks again for the shader!
You can edit the shader with an text editor (notepad++) or just with a simple windows editor and uncomment the define for curvature:
Code:
//#define CURVATURE
This shader has some other options that can be altered also...

Another one which i like to use with "problematic - hard to enhance" games is 4xsoft + lottes mask, is very fast and looks pretty.

Best used with high (2x) internal resolution and screen smoothing, so 3D will get a boost also.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 70 Posts