Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Gravis gamepad pro yesterday and I was wondering... can i use it on epsxe? If yes, how? (I wasnt sure if i should have put this in hardware forum or here)

S

·
0 Posts
what I like about the gppro is that it even has the select/start buttons, which is kinda cool IMO.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
what I don't like about the GPpro is that the unified direction pad is really inaccurate compared to the 4 individual button D-pad of a real PSX controller. Is it just me or does everyone feel that way?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Haha,
great minds think alike. I have a regular gravis gamepad also, but I can't deal with its lack of buttons for PSX games. At some point I got a gameport GPpro and used it for a while till I got frustrated with it. You'd think I would've learned my lesson, but somehow I decided to get the USB GPpro.:mad: Well it is a little better, but I think I'm gonna get a PSX-USB converter soon.

My biggest frustration with the GPpro D-pad was trying to stick to a wall in MGS and all of a sudden I would be inching along the wall and accidently pop out from a corner where a guard would spot me and all hell would break loose.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Same here.... I exchanged it for an old SideWinder gamepad (yeah, it's a M$ product, but it's pretty good) as soon as I realized that I couldn't pull of any moves consistently in any fighting games.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
I exchanged it for an old SideWinder gamepad (yeah, it's a M$ product, but it's pretty good)
I use an MS Sidewinder gamepad - and I have to admit it's actually a decent controller. It seems to work really well with most game software, including ePSXe.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yea the d pad ain't that great for fighting game as i found out with sf a3 and tekken 3 and all the other fighting games that I have. However here is one suggestion to the epsxe developers. Maybe they can implement the dead zone effect like the ones used in project64. Any thought on this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts