Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I launch GT2, it works fine. Then midway into the game, it will just freeze. Esc button doesn't work, neither does Alt - Tab, or Alt-Cntrl-Del. The sound even freezes, staying on the same tone. I have to manually restart my computer. What can I do to fix this??
:confused:

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
It could be a scratched cd.. When that lockup occurs, check your cd rom drive.. See if the display light is blinking really fast.. If it is, then your cd is badly scratched.. It's suppose to blink slowly for the cd rom drive to be reading the data off the cd correctly..

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Since you aren't using the cd rom, accurate cd rom timing isn't enabled.. Can't enable it since you are using an iso.. Try running the game from the cd..
Better download daemon tools ,make a virtual cd drive, load your iso in the virtual drive,enable accurate cd rom timing and hope that problem is solved.:)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
That might be your problem.. GT2 requires accurate cd rom timing to be enabled.. Since you aren't using the cd rom, accurate cd rom timing isn't enabled.. Can't enable it since you are using an iso.. Try running the game from the cd..
Actually, the "accurate cdrom timing" option is working even if you're loading the game from an ISO.... so that shouldn't matter.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00

Actually, the "accurate cdrom timing" option is working even if you're loading the game from an ISO.... so that shouldn't matter.
Hmm.. That is weird.. I can't run GT2 from an iso.. It get's stuck at the intro screen.. I can run it fine from the cd though..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8

Hmm.. That is weird.. I can't run GT2 from an iso.. It get's stuck at the intro screen.. I can run it fine from the cd though..
I ran mine off an ISO... and I have to enable accurate cdrom timing... then it works. Now that is odd...

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Ok guys.. I went and did a little testing.. Seems that when you use command lines to run isos, GT2 won't work even with accurate cd timing enabled.. But running the game with the "Run iso" option in epsxe, it will work.. Also, running the game from command lines to use the iso and using the command -f will allow the game to pass the stuck screen.. Ie.

-loadbin D:\GT2.bin -f

This will allow the game to load correctly.. It seems GT2 has problems running even with accurate cd rom timing if all the startup screens of the psx is displayed.. Using -f runs the game without all the psx boot up screens.. Thereby the game runs fine.. I am using executor by the way..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts