Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with final fantasy IX on epsxe. Every time i TRY to enter into the sandstorm on disk 2 to reach the city, the game locks up just after the dialogue sequence.

I am using epsxe curtor v1.0 (awsome program!) with SCPH1001. I have tried running from both the CD-ROM and the hd, with the same lockup. Using Petes 1.49 GL GPU and internal SPU.

Also, anyone know how to get the save games to work. I can only get the savestates to work properly. It shows the mem cards as empty!

HELP HELP HELP HELP!!
-dAN

Final fantasy IX NTSC U/C
Windows 2000 SP 1

Kenwood trueX 40X zen drive
Smart and friendly SCSI cd-r

Intel Pentum III 800EB
Abit VH6-II (has via 694x chipset)
Segate Barricuda III ATA/100 20.0GB HD
256 Corsiar pc133 dimm
Leadtek Gefore2mx 32mb AGP
Yamaha Waforce 256 soundcard
Netgear TX10 lan card
AHA 1510 adaptec scsi 2 card
Using sidewinder gamepad

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
press f4 two times for the save games to work..... The freezing of the emu at the sandstorm part is tricky... It happend to me too, but somehow, it worked when i tried it another time with a different spu and enable spu irq... It may not work for you but try different gpus and spu combos and it may work...... that is how I got it to pass that part... I used Nulls' spu......

·
Registered
356 Posts
That happened to me too... the lock down happens RIGHT before MDEC... if your made save-state just before the lockdown then your in shit... there no way to fix it in this situation...
Try loading memcard save or then take earlier save-state and go to save somewhere (in memcard) then exit the epsxe and load the memcard... that should do it...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT WORKS!

IT WORKS!! thanks a million. i have been working on this for the past week. Loading from a saved game made everything ok! All i had to do was copy the temp.001 memcard to a new memcard file so i could load it. Just found that out in the EPSX read me. Now dont i feel stupid!

lates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts