Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, yesterday after cleaning out my closet i found my FFVIII (that i never finished, damn psx and its overheating), so i thought "score i can play it on my comp"

so i go and dl (plugins i use):

ePSXE 1.4.0
petes gpu (the openGL, d3d and dx6 d3d ALL 1.55)
bios 1001
ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.4.0

:dead:

whenever i load the game its all liny, like the "Made By Squaresoft" such and such has black lines going through the white text, then when i click new game and the cgi is supposed to load i get a screen full of coloured bars, in about 6 or 7 rows. i can hear the sound PERFECTLY, but y the hell is this happening? iv tried all the other gpu plugins i can think of, all with similar problems, some will fix the black line problem but then all the textures will be grey and it will ignore my fps limit (still no cgi) but i can hear the sound and its like going mach 10, im totally confused, im starting to beleive it is windows xp (which i have installed) or directx 8.x

Specs:

intel p4 1.7 ghz
512mb pc-133 sdram
16x dvd rom & 16x10x32 cdr/rw (iv tried both so its nothign with my cd-rom bays)
GeForce 2 MX 400 AGP 64MB + 23.11 detonator drivers
Windows XP

iv changed my gpu settings about a million times so i doubt its that,
iv tried bleem, and vgs but they wont work under xp, im totally lost. PLEASE help me out. (and please dont reply with a "ur problem is windows xp sucks, get win98se" or something like that")

well try to help me out

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Firstly.. NO it's not a problem with windowsXP.. I am using winxp pro without any problems with epsxe.. Update all your drivers for your computer if you haven't done so.. Your mdec(movies) problem is very common and has several possible solutions..

1. Use epsxe executor and enable "mdec" and "mdec timing"..
2. Do a full reinstall of epsxe by deleting the epsxe registry.. Then reinstall epsxe and configure again.. The registry can be found here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe

3. Make sure that "mdec" is set to "0" and "mdec timing" is set to "1" in the epsxe registry..

As for your lines at the beginning.. Its a gpu bug.. Petes pluggins seems to display it like that.. Lewpys glide pluggin doesn't but it only works on voodoo cards.. It's not such a big thing anyways.. The rest of the game should be fine.. You can try setting Off screen drawing to 2 or 1 until you get to the title screen..

Btw.. Keep your fps limit at 60 for NTsc and 50 for Pal..

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Abyss
hummm..... can you actualy install epsxe or do you just extract it from the zip? cause i never install it...
Same thing.. Epsxe will make a registry key for itself the first time you run it.. That's where it keeps all the settings for itself.. Deleting that key will make epsxe create a new one, thereby fixing any problems that got set..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES!

thanks a ****EN million! iv been beating my head over this for 3 days now! thanks! id kiss u if u were beside me... shouldn't have gone that far.... well anyways thanks a bunch! one more thing, does ff9 run primo on ePSXe? cause if i go into town tomorrow im gonna buy it now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.