Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experts on ePSXe, please help! I can't download ePSXe! When the download reaches 98% or so, my PC goes to Blue Screen :dead: This happens everytime I try to download it, and after the blue screen, anytime I want to do something with the incomplete ePSXe file(Properties, Rename, etc), my PC crashes again. It goes to Blue Screen again or hangs. Why is this? I heard ePSXe's very good, and I want to try using it.
Please help!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
This can't be an ePSXe problem.... have you tried downloading with something else.... say, if you're using IE, try Netscape, or Opera.... also try download managers (GetRight, etc etc)...

Regardless, there's something wrong with your PC, if the problem persists.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
Originally posted by SandslashXBro
Any experts on ePSXe, please help! I can't download ePSXe! When the download reaches 98% or so, my PC goes to Blue Screen :dead: This happens everytime I try to download it, and after the blue screen, anytime I want to do something with the incomplete ePSXe file(Properties, Rename, etc), my PC crashes again. It goes to Blue Screen again or hangs. Why is this? I heard ePSXe's very good, and I want to try using it.
Please help!
look, it might not be a epsxe problem, are you using a download manager, if so, disable it and try downloading it with the windows one...

or, you may be using windows sessions, use the default one then, because it's known that personal sessions cause that....

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Windows and blue screens go hand in hand mostly.Neway takmadeus is right ,personal sessions may be the cause.First disable them,try the download again,if still not works then defrag your hd.
Btw Do you face same problems with other dowlnloads?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply, but problem's not solved.

Thanks for replying, all of you. But the proiblem hasn't been solved. I've tried using Go!Zilla d/l manager program, also have tried right-clicking then Save Target As..., but the problem persists. And I'm not having this problem with other files. Maybe it's some component of ePSXe?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last report incomplete, hehe, sorry...

Btw, I'm using IE 5.00. Then, what's this personal session? Then, I've defragged my HD.
And then, just a slight problem, I can't access www.ePSXe.com (down), and I can't find where to d/l ePSXe in NGEmu, either. Hehe, sorry and thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Samor

Thanks for replying. Couldn't it be that some part of ePSXe is not compatible with another application that I already have?

S

·
0 Posts
well, not when you're downloading.

hmm...yup...epsxe is hard to find on ngemu?
I can only find epsxecutor....

Maybe it's there, but if that's true I'd like to advice the siteops that they make it easier to find :)

try this link:
http://www.vg-network.com/emudl.phtml?psx&7

(sorry but I really can't find it on ngemu either)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Epsxe,hard to find?

SAmor and SAndslashxbro,
Epsxe is easy to find on NGEMU,just go in playstation section and all the emulators are listed on left.
If you can find epsxe cutor then epsxe is right in upper line of it.
Here is the link
http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?page=download

Sandslashxbro,
Try downloading only zip file not the installer.Any conflicts in dowloading(I dont think there are any) should be removed then.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thankies, 1/2 of the problem's solved.

All right, thanks, all of you. Using the link Samor gave me the 1st time, I managed to d/l it completely. But afterwards, the blue screen still appears when I wanted to do something with it. But I found out that "closing all other program through Ctrl+Alt+Del except Explorer and Systray" worked wonders. I think ePSXe is NOT sompatible with some programs working in background. ePSXe authors/programmers might want to take notice of this.
Now I'm downloading DirectX 8.0a because I can't input(control) anything into the game at all.
THANKS A LOT!
(Well, if DX8.0a doesn't solve my problem, I will return here.)
See you!

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Thankies, 1/2 of the problem's solved.

Originally posted by SandslashXBro
All right, thanks, all of you. Using the link Samor gave me the 1st time, I managed to d/l it completely. But afterwards, the blue screen still appears when I wanted to do something with it. But I found out that "closing all other program through Ctrl+Alt+Del except Explorer and Systray" worked wonders. I think ePSXe is NOT sompatible with some programs working in background. ePSXe authors/programmers might want to take notice of this.
Now I'm downloading DirectX 8.0a because I can't input(control) anything into the game at all.
THANKS A LOT!
(Well, if DX8.0a doesn't solve my problem, I will return here.)
See you!
I think you need to clean up that part a bit...probably you have quite some tasks running there, and there are programs that can ruin a lot.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Goto the start menu.. then goto "run" and type in "msconfig".. It lets you choose which programs you want at startup.. That way nothing startsup at boot unless you want them to.. The only things you really need in the task manager is system tray and explorer.. Everything else is just extra stuff hogging up ram and system resources.. For example, all I have running at startup is system tray, explorer, gamepad utility, internet isp program, and a virus program.. Most programs you install will make them run at startup.. Use msconfig to clean up your startups.. It will free much need resources.. My computer is always at 90% when I boot up..

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Goto the start menu.. then goto "run" and type in "msconfig".. It lets you choose which programs you want at startup.. That way nothing startsup at boot unless you want them to.. The only things you really need in the task manager is system tray and explorer.. Everything else is just extra stuff hogging up ram and system resources.. For example, all I have running at startup is system tray, explorer, gamepad utility, internet isp program, and a virus program.. Most programs you install will make them run at startup.. Use msconfig to clean up your startups.. It will free much need resources.. My computer is always at 90% when I boot up..
Yes fivefeet8 is right.In fact I have disabled startup menu.Risk of viruses?May be but doesnt matter to me.Neway that makes my Win Me like a jet at start ---"Really Really Fast".

S

·
0 Posts
same here...only a few nescesary things are started...other than that , keep it clean or you might experience crashes, slowdown and the like.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts