Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(
I don't know what's wrong here. I've gotten all-new hardware since the last time I've used ePSXe, I don't know what's causing it.
I set up with all the configs, set up my controller, start it up, the CD gets accessed just a little, then nothing -- nothing at all.
Pete's CD-R driver doesn't work for me, so I can't try it. It doesn't even give me the option to select my drive -- it just says 'NONE'. :( So I can't try that.. I know that it's not the monitor not working, because it doesn't switch off, and I don't hear the music or sounds.
Please help out? Thanks..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SIO IRQ was already disabled. :(
Enabling it didn't help, either.
I notice that, in the ePSXe black window, it says 'track read error' everytime I start up.
And, no, I don't have a read-only drive. I don't have the space in my case or the hookups on my motherboard for another one. I'm not rich, like American astronauts.
Thank you all for trying to help.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
> I'm not rich, like American astronauts.

Er?

Does this problem happen with all your games, or just the one? It looks to me like a bad CD. Try to make an ISO of it and see if it's still having the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this problem too :(
hope that somebody can help us.
I had this problem since my pc died.

I connected that HD and the videocard to my other pc and tried to to run it with the same and other settins but i too see a black screen with every cd.

BUT when i load a savestate it does work, too bad i only have savestates for 1 game :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It happens with every single CD I try, yes. :~(
I've tried having everything disabled -- sound, input, graphics only software with most basic settings -- no improvement. I've tried all the CD-R plug-ins I can get that will work, and also the internal ePSXe CD-R drivers.
Nothing.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
I'd guess that the new cd drive is incompatible with psx disks. 2 solutions:

1: as ryos said make isos of the disks.
Pros: don't need to use any cd plugins, fast access.
Cons: 700mb of disk space per each game.

2: Rip out your old cd drive and install it in the new pc. Use that for playing psx games instead
Pros: You already know that it works and you save disk space
Cons: You need to be confident with a screwdriver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.