Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I run a game, the window (cause I play in Windowed mode) comes up and then it just closes out and that's the end of it. No matter if I use a ISO, or CD-ROM it always does that. I tried changing my plugins and that didn't work either. I'd really like to get this working again (I had it working a while back on my other PC, same general Specs with the exception that this is a Intel Processor).

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
And that general specs are...? Wich plugins are you using now? What version of windows and directx? Please provide some info, or else is impossible to guess your problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I-Chan said:
And that general specs are...? Wich plugins are you using now? What version of windows and directx? Please provide some info, or else is impossible to guess your problem.
System Specs ::
Intel Celeron D 2.66Ghz 533FSB 256KB Cache
PQI 512MB PC3200 DDR RAM
Western Digital 80GB 7,200RPM 8MB Cache HDD
AOPEN DVD/CD-RW Combo Optical Drive
Sapphire Radeon 9600 128MB 128-Bit AGP 8X
Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/Service Pack 1
Microsoft DirectX 9.0B (maybe C)

ePSXe Configuration ::
Version: 1.6.0
BIOS: SCPH1001 (The wizard doesn't pick it up for some reason even though it's in the bios folder and I've used this one dozens of times before)
Video Plugin :: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.75
Sound Plugin :: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
CD-ROM Plugin :: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

I'd also like to note that when I run the Bios it does the same thing. I'm looking forward to recieve help from you guys. I've been using ePSXe since it premiered and I've never had troubles like this before :(.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Looks like the bios is the problem. Is your epsxe folder located in a long path? is your bios ina compressed form?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-Chan said:
Looks like the bios is the problem. Is your epsxe folder located in a long path? is your bios ina compressed form?
My ePSXe folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Dustin\My Documents\Emulators\ePSXe

And no, the bios file is not compressed.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Try moving it all to c:\ePSXe

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
maybe the registry keys ePSXe uses still point to the previous location. Try deleting them, ePSXe will recreate them if it doesn't find any.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to see if I can just hunt down another bios, I'm pretty sure that may be the problem (since the wizard won't detect it).

Yep, that fixed it! I can't believe it was my BIOS though, I'd been using that file for years...sad :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts