Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am fairly new to all this and wanted to play one my old favorite games, suikoden. Sadly after downloading the program, installing it according to instructions, dropping the bios into the bios folder and setting up the plugins it would not run. Instead it would CTD with "unknown opcode 582D5350 at 8000B074" I would like to sort this out and get this running as soon as possible as I was planing to stream this and its fallowing games in the series to twitch and you tube soon.

PC Specs:
Asus G11 series "G11CD"
Intel I7-7700 CPU @3.6GHz (boost up to 5.4GHz)
Nvidia GTX 1050
8GB cl14 DDR4 single channel.
250GB SSD
1TB Storage drive
Rest is unknown or not relevant.

Program settings
Video: Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core 2.0.0.
Default Nice settings windowed at 640-480 plan to use at fullscreen 1920-1080

Sound:ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0.
low latency full sound effects

CDrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 2.0.0.
FirstCdrom

Input: LilyPad (20151231175709) 0.11
Configured to PS4 controller.

Netplay: disabled

Bios: SCPH1001.BIN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update this only seems to happen with my actual hard copy and downloaded version 1.1 downloaded bin for 1.0 works. no clue what was changed between suikoden 1.0(which works) and updated suikoden 1.1

·
deep-space demon
349 Posts
Hello I am fairly new to all this and wanted to play one my old favorite games, suikoden. Sadly after downloading the program, installing it according to instructions, dropping the bios into the bios folder and setting up the plugins it would not run. Instead it would CTD with "unknown opcode 582D5350 at 8000B074" I would like to sort this out and get this running as soon as possible as I was planing to stream this and its fallowing games in the series to twitch and you tube soon.
I have only ever seen this unknown opcode error when using the HLE bios while trying to load savestates for certain games
Be sure the HLE Bios box is unchecked

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried four separate versions of the up to date suikoden 1.1 image file, as well testing my hard copy in my old ps1(which considering how much shit that things been put though I am surprised it still works sadly my ps2 doesn't anymore. will need to buy a "new" one.). It truly is a odd error as suikoden 1.0 has no issues and several other games are running fine as well. At this point, though I would love to find a fix and be able to use my hard copy instead of torenting older copys, I have resigned myself to using the bin of a 1.0 copy of the game.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have solved this after playing several games getting more and more frustrated as things go nuts and hyper speed themselves to death. Turns out ePSXe didn't have ANY cpu overclocking set, not x1(which apparently it wanted) or any of that. So it was acting as "native" which when the ps1 had a 33.8688 MHz cpu and now its running at a massive 4.3 GHz average (base 3.6 max boost 5.4) it may have been slightly freaking out. After selecting 1x it runs much more smoothly and even runs the 1.1 version. Again I am new to this so this might be a "obvious" thing to most but it was very odd for me.

·
deep-space demon
349 Posts
Turns out ePSXe didn't have ANY cpu overclocking set, not x1(which apparently it wanted) or any of that. So it was acting as "native" which when the ps1 had a 33.8688 MHz cpu and now its running at a massive 4.3 GHz average (base 3.6 max boost 5.4)
The CPU overclocking is a multiplier- 1x = native and the rest are multiples of native speed

If it wasn't set at 1x then what normally happens is either the game doesn't boot and you are stuck with a black screen, or the emulator crashes outright.
This is a fairly common problem, because of an oversight in which the emulator isn't set at 1x or at any setting by default- but your unknown opcode error is a definite outlier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The CPU overclocking is a multiplier- 1x = native and the rest are multiples of native speed

If it wasn't set at 1x then what normally happens is either the game doesn't boot and you are stuck with a black screen, or the emulator crashes outright.
This is a fairly common problem, because of an oversight in which the emulator isn't set at 1x or at any setting by default- but your unknown opcode error is a definite outlier.
Native when i said it was meant to refer to the 3.6GHz min my pc runs at, not the native speed of the ps1. The emulator ran extremely fast before setting that, turning three min videos into shorts of themselves like someone had it on x100 speed, Walking on over world maps was like i had a speed hack enabled(i didnt. At least not intentionally.), and sound was horrible as it kept trying to play new ones over the ones that where already playing causing choppy poor quality sounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I have solved this after playing several games getting more and more frustrated as things go nuts and hyper speed themselves to death. Turns out ePSXe didn't have ANY cpu overclocking set, not x1(which apparently it wanted) or any of that. So it was acting as "native" which when the ps1 had a 33.8688 MHz cpu and now its running at a massive 4.3 GHz average (base 3.6 max boost 5.4) it may have been slightly freaking out. After selecting 1x it runs much more smoothly and even runs the 1.1 version. Again I am new to this so this might be a "obvious" thing to most but it was very odd for me.
It just so happened I had this exact problem, with this exact image today, I am travelling from the future to thank you

·
Not a Registered User
1,493 Posts
It just so happened I had this exact problem, with this exact image today, I am travelling from the future to thank you
And I'm traveling from slightly further future to tell you to ditch ePSXe and use Duckstation.
It's a much newer and better PS1 emulator.
The only reason to use ePSXe is if you're for some reason using a decade old PC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And I'm traveling from slightly further future to tell you to ditch ePSXe and use Duckstation. It's a much newer and better PS1 emulator. The only reason to use ePSXe is if you're for some reason using a decade old PC.
Thanks I'll check it out. I am absolutely new as of today to this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts