Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, hope you're all doing well.

For the past half hour I've been trying to cheat the hell out of some games I'm playing with save states, but there's a very big problem I'm coming across. I can't save state, period. Every time I press f1 the game crashes, brings down my dreams, tells me I'm fat, and steals my girlfriend from me.

Can anyone please help? It's ruining my life ;_;

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do memory card saves function normally? enable the logger (run>enable logs in the GUI) and trigger a crash, then look in the output window and tell me what it says in regards to whatever problems its running into. your system specs might come in handy too, specifically the O/S you are using.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, memory card saves function perfectly well.

As for the O/S I'm using, it's Windows XP. I also tried looking up what you asked me to do with the logger, but I'm not very computer-savvy. It would be quicker for you to give me the steps then leaving me to my own electronically challenged devices.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts

you want to tic the "enable logs" option, the location being shown in the image above, then start up a game and attempt to make a save state. once you do that press the "esc" key to return to the GUI, but this time look for the output window which is a small black window (lMS-DOS/command prompt-style) that displays alot of text.

if the emulator actually closes itself out after attempting to make a save state then just start up a game and immediately go back to the GUI and look at the output window (dont trigger the crash in other words).

now either take a screen shot of that window and post it or read over what it says and see if it states any kind of problems it is having in regards to save states (the former would be more ideal if you are not really good with the tech-stuff) and post that info instead.

edit- btw in the event it displays nothing relevent, can you tell me the location on your hard drive where you have epsxe stored and how you launch the emulator (via shortcut or directly from the executable)?

and one other thing, did you at any point have them working before? did they just start acting screwy or have they always been like this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
EDIT: Ah, **** me, I didn't notice your edit in time. Hold on a sec.

Okay, I did that, and I figure now that I should have mentioned I get this message:

Whenever I pop back into ePSXe the window you mentioned is completely blank. It says "*Running ePSXe emulator version ____", but otherwise it's empty.

---

Okay, here's an updated picture with the black box and everything. I held the window open in hopes something would turn up, but nothing did.

In the distant past, when I first discovered this "ehm-you-lay-shun" business the save states worked for a pair of start-ups, and then on the following start-up they began crashing the program. I still don't know why, since the only thing I tampered with were the plug-ins.

I have my ePSXe folder directly in the C:\ drive, and I run it from the executable.

Here's the image:

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
try re-installing epsxe, make sure you get rid of the registry entries as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still doesn't work, bro.

It's okay though, I'm planning on reformatting and starting from scratch anyways. If it still doesn't work then, it's only save states. Memory card saves work fine.

Really appreciate your help, man. Enjoy your day. :)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
download and place zlib1.dll directly into the epsxe folder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.