Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ePSXe after playing for a couple of minutes will crash. EVerything crashes...sound, video, windows...will have to press reset to continue
anyone else having the same problem and/or have a solution?

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Please tell us more, like what game you're playing, your specs, the plugins you're using, etc.

· Registered
3 Posts
Same prob for me.

I have been having the same problem with my system. I can not tell if it is related to the video or sound yet. There is no certain time frame that it happens in. Have to hit reset to come back. Thank God for save states!!!!!

1.0Ghz T-Bird
Asus A7V
256MB PC-133
Geforce2MX
SBLive Value

Latest version epsxe
Pete's OpenGL
Win2K sound
Core CD

:confused:

· Registered
708 Posts
When I was still using Win2K, i found no errors, crash, or anything bad with ePSXe. Mine is Win200pro SP2.
Are you sure you have installed SP2? SP2 is like a cure for Win2k and brings it so many compatibilities.

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work, as I don't have Win2k anymore. But to get the SP2 (Service pack 2) you could try going to the windows update page. In Internet Explorer go up to Tool and click on Windows Update. Let that do what it does and it should bring up a list of critical updates, get them, SP2 should be in there I think. Also it wont display stuff you already have. I could be wrong though...but its worth a try.

- Lashiec LightBlade

· Registered
3 Posts
Doh!

Well, I found my problem. It seems the registry patch I had previously loaded some time ago was not there after all. I reloaded the patch and have had no problems since then. I got the patch from amd's site. BTW, I have SP2 already. On a side note: I had a previous problem with stability that might be affecting Win2K users out there with VIA chipsets that have a Promise ATA-100 Controller. If your maching BSOD's about every hour talking about some exception not handled then you have this problem. It took a lot of time to research this problem so that is why I am sharing it with you. Since win2K was handling my ATA-100 drives like SCSI my BIOS could never really use the SMART technology to check my harddrive for potential failure. As soon as I swapped my drives back to the normal ATA-66 IDE, my BIOS screamed at me to backup because a failure *may* be immenent. You gotta love warrenties. One new harddrive later with one going back to the factory, I am BSOD free. One small note to that: the BSOD's only happened with the drives in ATA-100.

Good luck
electrodes

;)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys,
Sorry for thel ong delay. It seems to crash on certain games..marvel vs capcom and megaman x6. It doesn't crash on legend of the dragon and resident's evil. I am using win2k sp2 with upgraded sound card SB live drivers and ati xpert 2000 also upgraded drivers. I use the pete's open gl drivers and his sound drivers too...all latest versions.

TIA

· Registered
3 Posts
Revenge of Doh!

Well, it seemed that everything was working fine and it was for quite a long time. However, my problem has resurfaced with continued playing of FFT. Thank goodness for save states, else I could get no where is this game.

:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.