Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a...

P3 550
128 megs
TNT2 gateway model (w/ orginal drivers)
SB 128PCI
win98se
directX 7.0a

other games work decent in ePSXe, but Hoshigami:Ruining Blue Earth has random full system crashes (sometimes so bad that even my power button doesn't work!!!)

I've tried MANY plugins
someone at gamefaqs said pete's software GPU, eternal's SPU and one of the CDrom plugins (I've had problems with both CD and ISO, so I can't see how the CDrom plugin would matter)

I've tried ePSXe 1.4 and 1.2

I have not installed anything funny on my system, and after VGS crashed it once (which has NEVER happened before) I wiped my drive and reinstalled my OS

w/o adding in ANYTHING extra, I d/l ePSXe 1.4 again, and again, same problem: random system crashes!

any help? suggestions?

· Registered
188 Posts
I'm not familiar with that game, but you could try downloading the most recent directx version from microsoft.com/directx, and the newest detonator drivers for your video card at nvidia.com.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everywhere!

I may try to upgrade to directX8.1 or whatever, but the latest detonator drivers mess up my card for some reason (like throw off the display, make it super tiny, fixing it involved messing with my monitor, which was cheap fix that wasn't good)

I may try them again

the game crashes everywhere
I am unable to reproduce any exacting situations, but I've waited for the hard drive to get done with it's business and it still goes crash
I've pressed buttons quickly to get through it but still the crash
I've gone slowly, but still the crash

really annoying
however, I recently acquired alundra 2 and tried it and IT crashed my system, too!!???

maybe I'm having a system conflict with ePSXe? I've tried even more plug ins to no avail

ugh

is there any place that documents known 'issues' with ePSXe??

· Registered
318 Posts
saw your post over gamefaqs it seems that your problem is with your system and ePSXe or your cd(might be scratched, already!?!....hmmm) coz the other ppl there got it running fine including me. have you tried other games? do they give you the same lock-ups? if so then your prob is definitely with your system not the game.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right...sorta...

the disc isn't scratched but it's the 'shady' release, and some other guy had problems running it, too

I already think it's my system as alundra 2 also did the crash
but that's why I want to know if there is a resource for known system conflicts in general with ePSXe

it used to run fine, and no programs since then, so why does it suddenly conflict now?? geez

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.