Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved my desktop into my room last night, where I have this small outdated dell flatscreen with a max resolution of 1024 by 768. Epsxe was working fine when I was using my other monitor, but for some reason it now crashes immediately upon starting to run an iso.
I checked the video config, and for full screen it is set to 640 by 480. I didn't know if it would help, however, I tried changing it to an even lower setting, but it said: resolution/color depth not supported.
Any help would be appreciated

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what does it do when you play from a disc and/or run the BIOS, does it crash too? what version of epsxe is this?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you get any sort of error message? what are your system specs (O/S included)? if you switch back to your other monitor does the crashing stop?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you tried uninstalling epsxe, deleting the registry entries, and then reinstalling it? are you running the emulator as an administrator and do you have DEP disabled?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure what DEP is. Running as admin yes. I'm not savvy enuff to tinker with the reg. but one thing is foresure, it's the dell flatscreen that's incompatible. I switched back to my huge cathode ray and epsxe works fine.

(A note of interest may be that when i switched back to the cathode ray , I had to retart, b-4 vista would give me the normal display settings for this monitor. I treid to immediately change the display settings back to high resolution. windows gave me all sorts of crazy settings I'd never seen before and all of them made the screen completely distorted: the refresh rate was really slow, the screen was pixelated and elongated. )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts