Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a problem related to the game itself (Dragon Warrior VII), or something else since I only have the one game. I get a crash whenever I press "esc", even after saving and quitting the game. I don't lose anything, but it's annoying and obviously I can't pause.

I wish I knew what caused it, since it's only been happening the past week or so. I can't for the life of me think of anything that's changed, so if anyone has a simple answer or even just something to think about that might jog my memory, do tell. Thx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
LooseChanj said:
I'm not sure if this is a problem related to the game itself (Dragon Warrior VII), or something else since I only have the one game. I get a crash whenever I press "esc", even after saving and quitting the game. I don't lose anything, but it's annoying and obviously I can't pause.

I wish I knew what caused it, since it's only been happening the past week or so. I can't for the life of me think of anything that's changed, so if anyone has a simple answer or even just something to think about that might jog my memory, do tell. Thx.
What video card are you using? Both 1.5.2 and 1.6.0 are doing the same thing on my system after i updated my ATi Drivers (5-5_xp-2k_dd.exe)
maybe its a compatibility issue. because im getin that same crash on every iso i run also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raiden1803 said:
What video card are you using? Both 1.5.2 and 1.6.0 are doing the same thing on my system after i updated my ATi Drivers (5-5_xp-2k_dd.exe)
maybe its a compatibility issue. because im getin that same crash on every iso i run also
Heh, I think that just might be it. I've got an ATI allinwon 9600, and I did update my drivers recently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
i just downgraded my drivers and i havent seen a crash on pressing the "esc" key so far, so ill just use these for now. but then again im using a ATi radeon card so that may and may not work for you. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raiden1803 said:
i just downgraded my drivers and i havent seen a crash on pressing the "esc" key so far, so ill just use these for now. but then again im using a ATi radeon card so that may and may not work for you. ;)
I ran into another problem with DW7, and somewhere in all my fiddling I managed to work around the "esc" crash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouch, I get this now when I've defeated the big boss at the end of the game:

SPEC Opcode 14 UNK (PC 000d6b18) (000d6b18) (231011,261)

I tried playing it with PSXeven, and it worked fine. Except that emulator isn't anywhere as good as epsxe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
Same here, cat5.5 = crash in epxse+artefacts in some games/bench
5.1 = nothing unusual, beside VPUrecover often resetting the card but I assume it's an overheating issue

>> Ouch, I get this now when I've defeated the big boss at the end of the game:

SPEC Opcode 14 UNK (PC 000d6b18) (000d6b18) (231011,261)

Often an ISO/CD issue, try cleaning the CD or remaking your ISO, else
it's one of those incompatibility issues (happens sometimes randomly
in some games, but sometimes it's a redundant crash)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear! I got around the hang after defeating the big boss at the end by using a different emulator, PSXeven. It didn't even burp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,836 Posts
What you could try is installing alternate drivers for your card, like Omega drivers, sometimes it fixes bugs that occur with official ones
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top