Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Here's the problem, i'm using epsxe already for a some time, and everything worked great so far... until now D: I didn't played PS1 like a month or so, and today decided to play some games (Countdown Vampires and few more) And i noticed that sound started clipping by some reason, although i never touched or changed any settings at all (Sound plugin i using ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0) Maybe it has something to do with Windows or Graphics card updates which was few times during this month. Anyone have similar problem?
I asking because i know that my PC is not old or anything, and i played games on emulator just fine before (welp there was 1 video issue buti can live with that).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for suggesting. Those files make clipping sounds less obvious at least, but they are present still. Interesting thing that with any other sound plugins (other than ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0, which is best sounding) there are no sound clip/crack at all (thou those plugins sound much worse in general). I think that i may messed something in PC software idk, as soon as i finish games that i currently playing, i'll try to reinstall Windows and see if it helps. (Games btw Countdown Vampires and Dino Crisis, and sound cracks in both)

·
332 Posts
Dino Crisis SPU Sound cuts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, maybe. I tried Parasite Eve rn and no sound issues at all. Thanks for Retroarch suggestion, i'm using that time to time. But still sometimes for some games i prefer to use epsxe, since i found more options to change different aspects of graphics (like MDEC filter for more smooth cutscenes in games) graphics there. It's always better to have more options to work with ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Assuming inside at Countdown Vampires; doesn't have any CDDA inside at both discs. Which means that game can be runs pretty well inside at the Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 or 150b versions with no problems at hanging, clapping or anything else.

I say this because; i played this game years back then and never gave me any issues with the sound of any kind.

However. The ePSXe SPU core it's a great choice for those CDDA kind of games. Because; those discs needs to be runs at Asynctrous modes. And the Countdown Vampires and others it's not that kind of a game. Peops SPU Plugins and Specially Eternal SPU Plugin can be configured easily for those Async kind of games. Unfortunately ePSXe SPU core, doesn't have any configurations options for that kind. Only just for the sound / effect qualities.

If you use those Third Party SPU Plugins that i've already mentioned inside at The ePSXe 2.00 versions are a great choices, and they got a great rate of compatibilities for those Async / CDDA kind of games.
Of course, there are some many games that unfortunately; using those Third Party SPU plugins may not compatible with them. Only using them with the ePSXe SPU core versions are a better choices for them.

But Countdown Vampires can be played flawless along with the Eternal SPU Plugin, like a charm. If there are some many issues from the sound syncs. For a better playing; Use ePSXe 1.90, it's a better choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump.

I'm experiencing the same problem and I'm pointing to a Windows 10 version. I installed W10 Pro v2004 in my new SSD and I experience those sounds. I still have an older version of Windows (v1904 or something like that, I'm not sure) in my old HDD and that one works just fine. If you can switch back to an older version of Windows (assuming that's your case, too) try and check if the problem is still there.

Will be too much of a noob here, but I had a difficult time trying to configure RetroArch, even with a tutorial on YouTube. It was not as easy for me as ePSXe has always been. That and how I control frame skipping to speed tedious parts make me cling to ePSXe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts