Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· VGA SCART GUIDE MAKER
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, I'm josef from italy. I'd like to config epsxe properly to work with a vga-scart-rgb cable (I have made a guide on how to buld it and I'd like do add a paragraph on ps1 emulation; the link is GUIDA ALLA COSTRUZIONE DEL CAVO VGA SCART RGB BY JOSEF1975 ); with this special cable I can run every game at his native resolution but I discovered that ps1 can run games at different res. (it should depend from the single game). so, if I use pete's graphic plugin (opengl or opengl2) how can I do this? the best way should be to disable every hardware stretch (the same thing I usually do with mame)....

any help will be appreciated! (and sorry for my bad english....)

· lazy shmupper
957 Posts
Man your guide seems to be AWESOME ! Looks very complete, featuring all the methods to attain native resolution, too bad I can't read Italian. :( (you HAVE to translate this or find a poor victim to do the job instead :D)
I was about to build my own cable to use with a soft15khz setup and I'm really interested into this.

About Pete's OGL2 plugin, I'm not sure it actually allows the emulator to output the various original resolutions the PSX can do (because graphics are being scaled/resized???) or maybe with X/Y settings to 'Native' combined with the 'keep pixel ratio' masta.g.86 recommended ?
I think I read somewhere that some software plugins (as well as the 'PSX Emulator' I think) can do native resolutions, but I have no idea how's the 'ingame resolution switching' is dealt with, especialy when using something like soft15khz or powerstrip. Will these softwares switch themselves automaticly when the emulator does ?

Some devs could help confirming many things here (pleaaase :innocent:).

Not sure again and I dont know exactly where to find that, but I think some people have discussed this on various other forums such as the soft15khz author's (Sailorsat) or arcadecontrols forums.
At least they're posting quite a bunch of modelines here and there. :cool:

Very interesting thread ! :drool:

(Today I've messed up the soldering on the DB15 side, I totally suck a this ! oO)

· VGA SCART GUIDE MAKER
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man your guide seems to be AWESOME ! Looks very complete, featuring all the methods to attain native resolution, too bad I can't read Italian. :( (you HAVE to translate this or find a poor victim to do the job instead :D)
thank you... unluckely my english is not so goot to let me to tranlsate my guide as perfect as I would... but you can use google transalation (click on the proper flag at the top of the guide) to get a discrete result.

I'll try "keep aspect ratio" options on pete's opengl2 plugin; also with standard options final results seems to be very good (tested on my CRT 14" thomson); I'll add photos and explanations on my next guide chapter "PS1 Games using ePSXe".
oh, one last question: can I PAUSE the game without closing it? this would be very usefoul to take photos on my TV with my nikon...
thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.