Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help with fixing my config to make my world map look proper posted pics of my config world map in game and jus in a town somewhere. town n battle graphs are perfect jus map is messed up

comp specs

Windows Vista Home premium 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom 9650 4xCore
4.0 gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 3450

all drivers for entire are up to date and working fine.

WORLD MAP

IN TOWN

CONFIG

plz let me know if my config is messed up. cant stand walking around world map and things are getting harder to find.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Obviously your drivers aren't up to date or you wouldn't be having this issue.

Edit: By the way, I recommend lowering the internal Y resolution down one level (from 3 to 2). At 640x480, I noticed that it actually looks worse with that set to 3 than to 2 (probably due to the low resolution).

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
i dont think ATI drivers can even do the ultra high setting, so its got to be bumped down regardless.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
If that was the case, I don't think he'd be able to get in game anyway (I still personally recommend lowering it for reasons given in my previous post).

How high it can go depends on the hardware, if I remember right, not the software.

For example, the Radeon 9800 could only do a maximum 3D texture size of 2048x2048. One of the Very High (level 2) settings needs hardware that can do 4096 in one of the directions (don't ask why they're both called the same thing if one only needs 2048 and the other needs 4096). With one set the Very High and the other set to Ultra High, you're looking at a 4096x4096 setup. I'm pretty sure the latest Radeon cards can do at least 4096x4096 (hence they were able to do Very High ever since the X1x00 series), so it should be able to do Ultra High for the other (remember, Very High and Very High was 4096x2048, and Ultra High and Very High is 4096x4096). Now if there was an Ultra High introduced for the other that currently only goes to Very High (making it 9182x4096), Radeon cards wouldn't be able to do that. The GeForce FX and later can do at least 4096x4096 (actually, so can GeForces all the way back to the GeForce 3 and 4! [they're just too slow to pull off OpenGL2 to make it practical]), and starting with the GeForce 8 series and later, nVidia cards can do 8192x8192.

Did I make it more confusing, or does that answer it?

Basically, it has to do with the maximum 3D texture size. ATi has often been behind nVidia in this, which is why Radeon cards often can't do the latest settings until long after when their cards finally catch up. That's the gist off of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.