Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think theres a definite emulation problem here.

In this great game called Chrono Cross, all went well until the dragonian castle in another world. Inside the castle, the room before the watchkeeper, there is this huge polygon taking up almost the entire screen. I can run around, and heard the jingle from walking over a savespot. To the right is a bridge then the watchkeeper who asks for north, south, east, west.

answering ANY of the choices causes the game to lock up. The screen goes black and the FPS/Info display stops. Music, however, keeps playing. I use the ePSXe core audio, with both XA options and ADPCM enabled. CDDA disabled.

Does anyone have the same problem? I have savestates if anyone wants to try.

Here's my system config from lewpy's glide 1.32

Lewpy's Glide³ Plugin Configuration Information
-----------------------------------------------

Computer Information
OS : Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 1 (v5.0 Build 2195)
DirectX : DirectX 8 or better installed
Processor : AMD AMD-K7(tm) Processor, 604Mhz (1 off) (00/0612)
64kb L1-I, 64kb L1-D, 512kb L2 (on-chip)
Memory : 128Mb

Core Emulator
ePSXe : C:\EPSXE\EPSXE.EXE
: 07/03/2001 22:50, 148480 bytes

| Type | Name | Version | Date |
| BIOS | scph1001.bin | | 22/03/2001 23:29 |
| CDR | W2KCDRCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |
| GPU | gpuLewGlide.dll | 1.32 | 20/04/2001 20:44 |
| SPU | SPUCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |

Glide³
Board : Voodoo3 (tm)
Version : 3.10.00.0658
File : C:\WINNT\System32\glide3x.dll
: 02/11/2000 12:32, 329728 bytes

| Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Active Configuration | 1 |
| Active 3dfx Card | 1 |
| Enable HotKeys | No |
| Resolution | 640x480 |
| Refresh Rate | 75Hz |
| Emulate MASK Bit | No |
| Dynamic Texture Caching | Yes |
| Custom FrameCap | 60Hz |
| On-Screen Display | Off |
| Frame Skip | Disabled |
| FrameRate Limit | Auto |
| System Type | NTSC |
| FrameCap Method | New |
| Draw Method | Bright |
| Alpha Blending Mode | Advanced |
| Bilinear Filtering | Disabled |
| Alpha Testing | Normal |
| FrameBuffer Writes | Enabled |
| Off-Screen Drawing | Enabled |
| Polygon Mode | Textured |
| Texture Windows | Enabled |
| VSync | Enabled |
| Banshee Code | Enabled |
| MDEC Format | Texture |
| Experimental Flipping | Off |
| Experimental Screen Sizing | Off |
| FrontBuffer Rendering Fix | Off |
| FF7 TextureWindow Fix | Off |
| DMAChain Fix | Long |

·
Registered
298 Posts
ya this is a graphic bug, it happens to everyone with lewpys plugin, (not sure if its in pete's plugin tho), to get around this..
there are 4 doors, 2 along each wall (2 on left, 2 of right,) just hug the wall and go though each door and solve the puzzle in each door and activate all the switches in each door, this will bring up the elevator in the middle of the room with the big polygon (which gets rid of the big graphic problem) alowing you to see the entire room perfect)

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
This "phenomena" is caused by a known bug in the GTE of ePSXe (we believe :) ), and it happens with all GPUs.
To help get round it in my GPU, set Polygon Mode to WireFrame, so that you can "see" through the poly that is blocking the view (it's actually a badly scaled poly, which is just far to big!).
If you don't have a Banshee, the Banshee Code option does nothing anyway ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The responses came very promptly, and i want to say thanks for listening.
I'm sure your suggestions will help me resolve this problem. Wireframe mode allows me to see thru the giant polygon now.

I walked into the room with the watchkeeper, fell thru the floor, and still the same thing though. This was before going into the other rooms.

Oh well, at least it got me to STOP playing this game.

And just another (prolly lame) question that's been asked before: how come the 2D like the maps and backgrounds and such look computer/dos pixelized and the 3D looks absolutely amazing? Does the resolution setting only affect 3D? It seemed like that was the case.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I went into the other 3 rooms, one where theres this big crop circle thing, one was a stairway maze where i fought some fatty with huge horns, a blob, and a dragon rider.
I either dont know where to explore, or I am going out of order, or theres a bug with the watchkeeper.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I experience it too although i play it on Pete d3d dx6...this bug make me stop playing this game for while...wahahah!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I turned the banshee code off, even though Lewpy said enabling it does nothing if you dont have a banshee.

and you know what, he was right:rolleyes:

is there any other emulator that can do this without this problem ?

or to those who've finished chrono cross before, do i even need to do all that ?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Originally posted by DanLee
I turned the banshee code off, even though Lewpy said enabling it does nothing if you dont have a banshee.

and you know what, he was right:rolleyes:

is there any other emulator that can do this without this problem ?

or to those who've finished chrono cross before, do i even need to do all that ?
How about cvgs? I own this emulator but i prefer using epsxe...i think...only think that there should be no problemo!!!Wahahaha!!!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Originally posted by DanLee
And just another (prolly lame) question that's been asked before: how come the 2D like the maps and backgrounds and such look computer/dos pixelized and the 3D looks absolutely amazing? Does the resolution setting only affect 3D? It seemed like that was the case.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to increase the resolution of the textures that the game uses. So, regardless of the resolution that you set your PC 3d card to, the texture will always look the same level of "blockiness". The only thing you can do is enable bilinear filtering, but that has its own side-effects.
The actual 3d parts of the PSX game look better because the increased resolution of the PC 3d card helps to bring out details that the PSX can't show due to its low resolution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts