2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....heres my specs... the problem will follow
Amd thunderbird 715mhz...
1st mainboard
40x acer cd rom drive
256 megs of ram
windows Me

The thing is ive tried every single cd rom plugin and none of them even begin to read cd... the epsxe dos box tells me it cant find D:/sysconfig.... and it also tels me no cdrom presant... im using the us version of re3 PLEASE help im so lost

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Did you choose your CDrom in both the CDrom config box and within the actual plugin? You must select the same CDrom in both places.
Also you can use a CD burning software such as CDRwin, CloneCD, Nero to make an ISO(a copy of a CD on your harddrive).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup

Done that....its odd.... my cd rom drive may not read the cds? it always says the psx cds are music cdS? even burning software dosnt help :dead:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
are you using originals or copied games? You may have burned the games wrong and now you may really just have audio cd's.... You could also try to disable or enable DMA on your cd rom drives and test epsxe again.... Some cd roms drive have trouble reading psx and burned games with DMA enabled... If you are running win2000 or millenium, download force aspi and install it.... check the threads... there should be a link on one of them..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
For force ASPI go here and scroll down to Additional Tools. For install instructions visit the homepage.
There's a good chance it will solve your problem. Recently I've read threads with Asus and A-open CDroms being able to read PSX CDs after using Force ASPI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts