Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my problem is when i try to open a game it says the logo like made by squaresoft then it went black and nothing any ideas never happaned to me before

video plugin:petes's opengl2 driver 2.9

cdrom: epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.7.0

sound:dsound audio driver 1.15

bios: scph1001

and my video card is atiradeon hd4850

and cpu core 2 quad 2.5 ghz.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a very similar problem, and it doesn't seem to be the same issue as what's covered in the FAQ. I'm trying to run a Team Buddies ISO, and depending on which version of ePSXe I use, something different happens at the same place.

In 1.7.0, when the first load screen comes up, the load bar starts to go, and then the screen goes black and that's it.

In 1.6.0 and earlier, the load bar makes it all the way across and then the game freezes.

There are no errors listed in the console when I run it on 1.6.0/earlier, and I can't find the console in 1.7.0 to see if there's anything listed there.

I'm using:
BIOS: scph1001
Pete's OpenGL 2.9
ePSXe SPU Core 1.7.0
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

I'm thinking odds are it's an ISO issue and since I don't have a modded playstation to test it, there's no real way for me to confirm that, but if anyone has any other ideas as to how to fix this I'd really appreciate it.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Lasnap, your sentence looks like an English/Russian hybrid.

Varleran, try to dump the ISO again if you're not sure. Perhaps at lower speed and no error tolerance to be sure it's 100% correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.