Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, in a thread in the ePSXe Forum, people were mentioning about beta testing and beta testers for ePSXe. They were saying how cool it would be. Well let me tell you, it is! Yup, that's right, I am now a beta tester for ePSXe. I was asked a little while ago by Calb if I would be interested and I said sure. I waited this long because I wanted to get the teams okay before announcing this. Calb told me it was okay, so now I'm sharing this w/all of you. I feel honored to be chosen for this and I'm enjoying it very much.
But, no, I will not give out the beta(s) that are sent to me and no, I do not know when the next release will be.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Congratulations, Mr. sxamiga sir! :)

...i wonder if Thousand Arms will now work without needing a cheat OR even without the Eternal SPU....

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
That's fantastic news sxamiga !! ...I think you're perfectly suited for the betatesting job ....errr..., don't worry, I won't pester you with questions about the next release and what's running or not... I'm very excited naturally, but I am also capable of extreme patience when needed :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sights, I appieicate the compliment and your patience is welcomed as well.
Carnage179, no I don't know if the sound problems with MGS have been solved. I don't have MGS so I can't test it. But I can say that, as far as I can tell, the internal SPU sounds much much better.
Shiori, okay okay, no need for formality. I'm just a beta tester, not anyone superior or anything like that. Also, I don't know about Thousand Arms, as I don't have that one either.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

2,209 Posts
Sxamiga. How did you get to your, uh, how should I say this, "emulation rank? Did you have a site or something? Write one, friends with the site owners? What?

YOu really should get mgs. Rent it, see if it works any better.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by carnage179
Sxamiga. How did you get to your, uh, how should I say this, "emulation rank? Did you have a site or something? Write one, friends with the site owners? What?
what do you mean? sx has been a mod for a long time, longer than i have iirc.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
I'm so jealous . . . :cry:

. . . and happy :) . . .

. . . jealous again :cry: . . .

. . . happy again :) . . .

But it's really cool! Aw, heck I hate betas anyways, even an ePSXe beta. Now if there was a SSF beta that worked under WinXP, I'd be happy :p. Make sure you keep them guys in line like you do us ;).

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Congratulations sxamiga! I'm really happy to hear that you're now a beta tester for ePSXe! Calb, Galtor, and Demo definately picked a great person for the job ;)

anyhoo, at least a few things are known about the next beta so far...
1) Calb has stated that MGS's MDECs nolonger crash :)
2) Parasite eve 2 is now fully playable :love:
3) Internal SPU is improved :)

more as they come....

2,209 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome

what do you mean? sx has been a mod for a long time, longer than i have iirc.
What I mean is, why was he choosen to be a mod? Did h have a page or something, did he know alot about emulators? Stuff like that gnome man.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
why was he choosen to be a mod
I was here long before he was mod, and if I remember right sx and cd burnout became mods around about the same time. why sx became mod, you would really have to ask bobbi. But think it was because he had alot of quality posts.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
carnage, you shouldn't put yourself down like that. sx didn't get to where he is overnight; it took a long time. And even then, it's taken up till now for him to become a beta tester. like I said, this didn't happen overnight.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Congratulations sxamiga,you're very lucky;) .

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yeah Congratulations sxamiga , i wish i could be beta tester for ePSXe , well maybe now all of my 56 PSX sames will work !

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Yeah Congratulations sxamiga , i wish i could be beta tester for ePSXe , well maybe now all of my 56 PSX sames will work !
nice game library eh ;) :) :)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by liquid
carnage, you shouldn't put yourself down like that. sx didn't get to where he is overnight; it took a long time. And even then, it's taken up till now for him to become a beta tester. like I said, this didn't happen overnight.
Well,if it helped him to be a mod,can I be a mod too?:) (anyone? Bobbi?).

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
whoa!!! sxamiga leak some info please j/k :)

sxamiga congrats and happy testing i just hope you dont need to reinstall your o/s frequently :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts