Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just discovered the epsxe. I'm about to buy some real cool games, but first I'd like to know if the gaming quality really is good on the epsxe.
So can anybody confirm that the games you emulate run as fast as the real playstation, or is it just nicer but slower? And tell me about your systems too.

And do you think my system can emulate the games as fast as the playstation?

Thunderbird 800MHz
256Mb RAM
32Mb Geforce1
48x CDROM
100-ATA Harddrive
(Nothing is overclocked)

Thank you

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
yes games will work gr8 on ur comp by the way epsxe also makes psx games look much better then on your playstation :)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Wait a minute there dude.. Before you go and start on your psx buying frenzy, REad up on the compatibility first dude.. Some psx games still don't run.. ie.. Parasite Eve 2.. Then there is the problem of knowing how to configure it correctly for speed and graphics... Your system should work just fine, but read all the documents that come with epsxe, the pluggins docs, and then read the FAQS at www.psxemu.com If you are not sure if a game works with epsxe or not, ask.. Or check out the compatibility page.. I forget where the link is.. Do a search for "compatibility" on these boards..

·
Registered
900 Posts
well my playstation takes forever to load and then it usually only lasts arround 3 minutes before it freezes so pretty much anything is better than it. the emulators have nearly zero loading time if your playing iso files. its cool.

well im off to the bar to celebrate my bday. cya.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hey Liljo.Its nice to hear more people are learning about emulation.Your system specs are just great and in most games you will get graphics better than actual psx.
As far as compatibility goes that remains a issue but then there are many other emualtors coming up(and some old warhorses like bleem and cvgs).So I think you wont be disappoined with emulation scenario especially epsxe:D

S

·
0 Posts
yep, epsxe runs most games just as good as the real thing, except it has better graphics....

raycrisis is coooooooool :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Come on in and join the club. The more the merrier... just make sure any questions that you have haven't beeen asked repeatedly before. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
i wonder y nobody mentioned dis to u, but, before u buy a game, u seriously want to think about renting it first. itz the safe-est way to go. u'll be able to test if it runson yer mashine, and if it does, u can even make an iso of it. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Multithreading?

I figured this would apply to this meassage board, Is epsxe multi threaded so that it can run on dual processors faster than on a single cpu machine?
If it is that is sweet cause then your pc can execute two lines of code at a time and double performance!

If its not, do you have plans to make epsxe multithreaded?

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you've good specs (yes u've...), experience with compatible software title is MORE than GOOD than original console,

I've try RRT4 in ePSXe before the console one, but after used on PSX console, I'm prefer to play at my PC,,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rent some Buy some

Renting... hmmm, interesting. I think it's important to support Square though, cause they make the coolest rpgs, no doubt. Just take a look at the movies on FFX! http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,197344,00.html
Works best if you download the zips or stream with Realplayer.

Yeah, most of you guys are so right, rent b4 buying is logical. Sometimes if the game isn't so great then an iso it is. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh wait a minute

Just kiddin, but I guess most ppl would delete the game anyway cause they didn't like it enough to buy it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts