Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently upgrading to WinXP Pro I have just installed epsxe and gone into the wizard configurator when you first load. After selecting which bios I want to use it comes up with the following error message:

ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator:Epsxe.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_20 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Has anybody seen this before? does anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
It's no biggie. I have the same thing, and ePSXe runs just fine. It also comes up whenever you try to change a config. Dinnae worry laddie ;).

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Is that the same problem that can be fixed by installing Force_ASPI? I remember have an error in ePSXe and WinXP that was fixed by installing an NT ASPI layer.

The only other problem I've had with WinXP was lower framerates and crackly sound.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
lower framerates and crackly sound?
how did you do to fix that?

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Well the drop in framerate can be fixed by setting ePSXe to run in Windows 95 compatibility mode, but that makes the sound even more crackly, and messing around with the plugins and settings doesn't seem to fix it. So at the moment I'm living with lower framerates and slightly crackly sound which partially clears up after playing for a while.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Just for the record, I just upgraded to XP from win2k and have had no sound problems. Can't comment on a framerate drop either since everything always ran maxed out at 60 fps. Been using Pete's opengl and Eternal spu.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Phoenix is correct here. That error is one of the issues that can arise due to WinXP/2K not having an aspi layer. The solution is to install force aspi availible on the downloads section.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Phoenix Flame
Well the drop in framerate can be fixed by setting ePSXe to run in Windows 95 compatibility mode, but that makes the sound even more crackly, and messing around with the plugins and settings doesn't seem to fix it. So at the moment I'm living with lower framerates and slightly crackly sound which partially clears up after playing for a while.
For the sound issue, try messing with the buffers configuration, if the plugin allows.

[]s Badaro

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Originally posted by Badaro

For the sound issue, try messing with the buffers configuration, if the plugin allows.

[]s Badaro
Yep, been there, done that. I'm using Eternal SPU by the way, but it's the same deal with Iori's. Any amount of altering the buffer settings has no effect on the sound. And I don't really want to use any other plugins because compared to Iori or Eternal, they're crap.

·
Registered
499 Posts
too much to read here........can someone summerize this for me?? i'm kinda dumb at the moment....

new config:
p3 500mhz(when i go into system properties win says i got 501mhz, y's that??)
winXP 256mb ram
creat. 3d blaster savage4
" sound blaster live value

1 - 10 of 10 Posts