Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to run epsxe (w/o epsxecutor) on my WindowsXP. It used to run fine on Windows 98 but now it can't get past the load screen on any game and the load screen loads VERY slowly. Then it just goes black. I have the latest version of USA epsxe. Any help on getting it working would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

·
I'm in despair!
3,443 Posts
Originally posted by bossker1
I am currently trying to run epsxe (w/o epsxecutor) on my WindowsXP. It used to run fine on Windows 98 but now it can't get past the load screen on any game and the load screen loads VERY slowly. Then it just goes black. I have the latest version of USA epsxe. Any help on getting it working would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
I'm pretty sure this slowdown is due to video drivers. Try searching the manufacturer's site for an update.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soylavak, thanks for the program...but im not quite sure what your supposed to install...its says for Win NT, and WIN 9x...i use Win XP, can you give me like step by step instructions on what to do?
Thanks...

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Ok Installing Forceaspi (or any aspi layer for that matter) is recommended with Xp and 2k because by default they do not have one and most cd plugins require this. However I do not think that this is not your problem. Slow loading on 2k/XP is usually attributed to a bug in the current version. The workaround is to disable cdda.

Ps 2K and XP are based on the NT kernel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, see but the problem is I have no clue what to DO with Force ASI...I clicked on the Insadll thing under WinNT...(closest thing to install) and it said files successfully uploaded...But yeah...it does absolutely nothing...Am I doing anything wrong? And I need to check the manufacturer of TNT2's website for an upgrade?

Man, I shoulda stuck with Win 98...

Oh and how do I disable cdda?

Again, thanks for the help everybody...you all rock

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok ok! Got it working :)

I changed the video card to Limpy's Open GL or some such thing and it works great. Looks slightly better than before too...theres only one problem...I messed around with plugins and now im royally screwed since it says my plugins do not support savestates...ahhh....I mean, the game Im trying to play is an RPG (Final Fantasy Tactics) and you simply cannot play that game without saving. Epsxe has a chronic non-saving problem. Like every other time I play it refuses to save...So..yeah...ideas? Can I like zip and email my folder to anyone to see if they can make it better?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well

I made a post a long time ago on what to do to get ePSXe to work after upgrading to winxp. alot of people did it and it worked. im too tired to look for it now, but simply put:

Delete the ePSXe registry entries.

You'll have to go through the wizard again, but thats it, should work with no problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its says GPU and SPU is preventing savestates...

Cloud: I'll look around for the thread, what's the title? And how would I go about deleting registries?

Oh and about the F4 thing, do I press it once? Or press and hold it as I save?

Again, thanks for your help everyone, you have all been far too kind.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I am using winXP pro and epsxe works fine.. Try disabling sio irq.. That's how it works for me.. When I enable sio irq in executor, epsxe doesn't load games.. Kinda weird.. It worked fine in Win98se..

You trade compatibility for ease of use + stability..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by bossker1
Will deleting the registry stuff fix the GPU and SPU? Oh and under current user under Regedit it does not have epsxe...
Try looking under all users, or in the corret directory.
And in theory, yes, it should.

I know alot of people who had problems with ePSXe after they upgraded to XP. deleting the registry keys did the job for most.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I did as you said and the savestates work, except for one slight problem. It doesn't work well..

The graphics are really distorted when I load the save state. I mean REALLY distorted. I can't tell whats what.

Can someone with FFTactics check and see if this is normal?

Thanks again for all your help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.