Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well seeing as this has PROBABLY been mentioned al-ready, but I don't really feal like searching the database for it, sorry ahead of time if this has already been the toipic of much discussion.

I am thinking of installing Win XP pro, how does EPSXE run on it if anyone knows?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have heard of people running it fine on WinXP Pro.

But from personal experience, i get no luck what so ever.

I get the bios running half way, no more no less:dead: :dead: :dead:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by lun
Just right-click epsxe.exe and go to Compatibility mode and set it on windows 1998. It works for me! :)
hi lun!

as a new member, I will welcome you to this forum

are you a woman? if so, why don't you go to "if you are a woman say AYE" forum, look for it al the "wiew new posts" link

If you need to know something, don't hesitate to ask me, OK?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ran it on XP Pro and Now XP Corp (Benifiets of my job) and have no problems.
Actually thats not true..nVidia and the buggy driver syndrome has my grphics freezing after a random number of minutes, but it's not XP related.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
Well seeing as this has PROBABLY been mentioned al-ready, but I don't really feal like searching the database for it, sorry ahead of time if this has already been the toipic of much discussion.

I am thinking of installing Win XP pro, how does EPSXE run on it if anyone knows?
Should work fine, I tested it on all versions from Beta 2 to Final. Just check if there are working drivers for your hardware before installing it.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
216 Posts
In fact, OpenGL on Windows XP is actually an OpenGL --> Direct3D wrapper, unless of course you're using the vendors OpenGL ICD. According to MS, OpenGL was a "security risk", lol. Unfortunately for 3dfx users, 3dfx's OpenGL ICD was dependent on Glide3x, just to make it worse, Glide is making calls to DDraw to set up a rendering context in DirectDrawCreate(); - there we have the problem with 3dfx OpenGL causing a null to be returned.

Power Color will be supplying a Win XP driver for their Voodoo4 card, which should work on 3dfx's Voodoo4/5 cards, hopefully :)

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
:lol: I think I wil have to:
1- Throw my Voodoo3 though the window if I want to upgrade to WinXP
2- Stick around with Win2k/WinME dual boot, until I can afford a Geforce3...
In any case, M$ sure blows it once in a while :lol:
Hope WinXP is the "definitive os" they promised a way back...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, weird

well, I attempted to upgrade to Win XP, and after I did the first part of install and it reboot to comtinue the install it would gvie you a selection, continue installation or cacel and return to Win ME, well I continued and I got a blank scren for about 40 minutes, not normal. I have heard of XP ready computers, is there something special about those to run XP, cuz I built my own computer and hope that microsoft didn't go so far as to only let XP run on certain machines.

oh, and I have a geforce 3, oh lovely tax return. If only I had know that I would also need a new transmission, timing belt, and now muffler back then. oh well :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
"1- Throw my Voodoo3 though the window if I want to upgrade to WinXP"

There is still drivers for Windows XP that work in Glide, OpenGL and Direct3D. However, the drivers are buggy, but they do work :)

Or you can hope that Power Color's Win XP drivers work on the Voodoo3.

If anyone wants Windows XP drivers for the Voodoo cards, go to http://shortcut.to/zerosignull

in the "other" section.

-Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: hmm, weird

Originally posted by Ryoga
well, I attempted to upgrade to Win XP, and after I did the first part of install and it reboot to comtinue the install it would gvie you a selection, continue installation or cacel and return to Win ME, well I continued and I got a blank scren for about 40 minutes, not normal. I have heard of XP ready computers, is there something special about those to run XP, cuz I built my own computer and hope that microsoft didn't go so far as to only let XP run on certain machines.

oh, and I have a geforce 3, oh lovely tax return. If only I had know that I would also need a new transmission, timing belt, and now muffler back then. oh well :(
What they mean by "XP Ready" means XP is fully compatible with ALL the parts of the computer. All the drivers are supplied with XP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts