Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Well,let's go for it one more time.
There won't be a PS2 emu before a long time and I doubt that there will be one made by the ePSXe team,they already have enough work with ePSXe(_Demo_ is also working on Zsnes).

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
You know, we should probably put some sort of disclaimer on the new user registration page.... something along the lines of "don't ask about a ps2 emulator, it's technologically infeasible at this point, have a nice day" :p

2,443 Posts
I've found a real working ps2 emulator, the Gfx suck, along with the sound, but it actually works, jerky, but works.....................................................................................
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................
HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

download off of bullshit.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea i got one to work as well i got it off a japanese guy off direct connect.....so there.......;) also i dont get it man like the ps2 is powerful and all but really ive played pc games that look 10 times better....i reccon the ps2 will get better as time goes on but for the moment pc games are way better

·
Registered
35 Posts
well you guys obviously dont play PC games then, look at Giants.. the view distance is about 4 times further then the ps2 could handle and also look at when pc games are put on the ps2 like quake 3 and unreal tournament they look sh*t i mean they dont look half as good as a 19" monitor running at 1600x1200

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey dont get me wrong i rekon the ps2 will be sick when square bring out a few more games for it, but for the moment i think the graphics are a little over rated i mean the res is so LOW like sure it looks good but you cant make out anything in the background-- i think thats because of crap TV's (dam tv's there so old..) and like i said before games on the PC can have like three times the view distance because of there res....but if you remember the origanal sony 1 when they first came out the games sucked...the graphics were extrememly poor and no one could code for them but after about three, four years all of a sudden the games just went booya sweet....yea mayby the same thing will happen with the ps2

·
Registered
28 Posts
you mean Super Mario World Funhouse Jump-Til-You-Drop 5? yah, that was a great game =) Zelda sure has turned into a fun kiddy game too, lets watch them trash Metroid next!

Atleast nintendo isn't about to make another computer-console like MS, but as usual nintendo won't put out nearly enough titles to make me buy one, most N64 fans I know always rant about "Goldeneye" when even the crappiest fps games on the pc are 10x better. Smash Bros is about the only thing on the console I truely liked, but its not enough to warrant a 200$ pricetag, sure I paid 400$ + for ps2 stuff, but atleast I'll have some games that won't suck, Xenosaga, FF12 (this one's gonna make 10 look bad I think), almost every other thing Square puts out (I imagine theres gonna be a FF:MQ, Saga Frontier, or Legend of Mana eventually), I can't imagine Konami not putting out a Castlevania-related game either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Back on topic...

Someday we'll probably see an emulator for PS2 but it wont be soon. How long ago did the PSX come out? 6 years? and the emulation has just recently started to approach perfection with a decent amount of games.

It will probably be between 3 and 4 years at the earliest before we see any noteworthy ps2 emulators. And it will probably require a pentium 5 7ghz super royale with chizz.

Also go back 5 or 6 years and think how silly PSX emulation may have sounded at that point... What was an awesome computer at that time? a p90 with a s3 virge? if that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.