Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you folks, how is it going?
Well, a lot of people ( including myself ) asked for at how can fix or modify the ePSXe for on try to run PAL games. Well, for a matter and somehow i found my answers.

First of all. DO NOT CONVERT your PAL games with the Zapper2k program or with everything else. let your game alone as it is. ( Unless do you want to burn the disc and try on play it inside at your console )

Ok. As some many of you know; those PAL games runs normally at 50hz as a native form. Normally inside at the Video Plugins got some many options at the Resolution matters and configurations. At the Fullscreen mode; whatever resolution do you want to choose, verify that the resolution of your choice got the 50Hz as your primary function. And your game will open like that !!!!

THAT'S ALL !!!!

Ohh, wait a minute; do you want to run your game at 60hz not at 50hz. That's the point !!!!! If you choose the Hz as your stand for those PAL games. These games will runs pretty well, without any issues, like if they runs like 60hz as the beginning. If not at the perfect frame stats, change your FPS Limits to 60 or beyond, till you have the perfect sync at your game.

However. Here is another issue inside upon on this. Not every Video Plugin got this Hz options. Only the P.E.Op.s Software and GpuBladeSoft got this options pretty well already. But inside at the OpenGL GPU Plugins, doesn't have it. ( even ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0 won't have it ) Sorry. You may change your FPS Limits configurations to beyond.

Ok. What about the SCREEN Issues from those PAL games.
I found that. Inside at the GpuBladeSoft got those Screen fixes. First; put the Resolution of your choice and see that it got the 50hz as the standard. And then, go to the Visible Area options / Preferences, and select: Perfect.
Well then, open your game and you will see; that your game will be fixed and corrected into it's perfect pitch and screen size. If not enough for you. Go back to the Plugin options Visible Area options / Preferences, and select: Custom. It will unlock the Custom Settings and another stuff, very useful for those games with smaller or bad porpotioned screens.

THAT'S ALL !!!!

Or maybe, you may want on try this trick out yet. There is another choice and pretty well. It works effectively well, even inside on another kind of old consoles emulators ( NES, SNES, SMD ) even it can be done great for those old PAL Console games.
.... Go to your Video Drive Configurations. On whatever you can change the Resolutions from your screen choices. If it says 60hz. Change it to 50hz as your screen choice.

For example: If your screen says as your default resolution 1080p, 1920 60hz ( or beyond ) change it to 1080p, 1920 50hz.

THAT'S ALL !!!!

It may change your Machine / Screen proportions into an a "PAL Mode" as for "matter of speaking". And then; Try to open your game, and you will realize the differences.

It worked on me. Hope it will worked upon at your matters. if not satisfied yet. Ok .... You can try another emulators as well. Or try on find about on Patches or even Gameshark codes about the Region Changin.

·
Not a Registered User
1,325 Posts
Yeah that's not how that works, no monitor/tv has a 50hz option, you have to go to your Nvidia/Amd control panel and add a custom resolution and refresh rate.
But all of that is unnecessary, you can just run a 50fps on a 60hz screen you'll get that odd frame from time to time but for most it is unnoticed.

Alternatively you can skip all this hassle and just play a NTSC version of your game, the only reason to play PAL is for the extra languages that PAL games sometimes have.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
100hz is quite common again nowadays (with display port and a higher refresh rate monitor) so it's a good choice if you aim for smooth as possible PAL, but I'm mostly fine with it even if it's not a perfect match.
I play PAL games because most of that I own are.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
you can also set the fps limit to 60 in the ogl plugins and use it that way(use limit)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's not how that works, no monitor/tv has a 50hz option, you have to go to your Nvidia/Amd control panel and add a custom resolution and refresh rate.
But all of that is unnecessary, you can just run a 50fps on a 60hz screen you'll get that odd frame from time to time but for most it is unnoticed.

Alternatively you can skip all this hassle and just play a NTSC version of your game, the only reason to play PAL is for the extra languages that PAL games sometimes have.
Thats for sure Man. But there are some games, exclusively from Europe ( Terracon and more ) those games needs a little retouching.

And still, there are some many people that still doesn't know about this. And those; are still around here asking the same question.
I'm just put my own point of view. And it seems that it worked so well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts