Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a multi-monitor setup. I want to use ePSXe on my second monitor and MSN or walkthroughs or whatever on the first monitor. How can I set up ePSXe to work on only the second monitor? I have an ATI Radeon 8500 with Hydravision installed.

Even if I place the application in the second window it still starts up on the first one.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
hmm, i tried to do this before, and i could never get it to work. also, i've also heard that running 3D apps on a second monitor doesnt work.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well WRT directX multi-monitor support has to be coded in directly. I assume that the same is true for OGL.

The only way I can think of doing this would be to run the game in software mode in a window with a very high resolution, but that would probably prove to look crappy and as well run very slowly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hm, I can assign which monitor to be the primary aka first in the control panel for Nvidia cards, never used an ATI so I don't know how it is for you. I haven't tried to run games or ePSXe with dual monitors yet.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Ya it's true unless it's coded in it probably won't work... but if you can switch cords of your first and second monitor you may be able to kindof fake it.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
stilz said:
Hm, I can assign which monitor to be the primary aka first in the control panel for Nvidia cards, never used an ATI so I don't know how it is for you. I haven't tried to run games or ePSXe with dual monitors yet.
That's exactly how I do it to play Zsnes on my TV. I have no idea about ATI either, though I don't believe it can be so difficult??

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Dobinator - Use 'expand horizontally', start ePSXe and window it (hit alt+enter), drag and drop it to your second monitor, maximize it again (hit alt+enter again). Now you have epsxe on your second monitor, and the first one free to use with msn, walkthroughs or whatever you want to ;) .

Betamax - I used that technique to play PES3 (DirectX game) on the TV while watching tv on the monitor (yeah, i know, sounds stupid) and it worked fine (despite the fact that my computer was barely powerful enough to handle it and crawled on it's knees sometimes :p ).

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you use petes graphics plug ins you can choose which gfx card to use, use the one that your second monitor is hooked up to.

if both monitors are hooked up to the gfx card then use the catalyst control center to change your default monitor to your second screen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.